Ph.D. Program Director (Senior Educational Program Administrator)
The School of Business is seeking a full-time Ph.D. Program Director (Senior Educational Program Administrator). The incumbent will report to the Associate Dean for Faculty and Outreach, and will develop and deliver program content for the School of Business Ph.D. Program. This position will also be responsible for monitoring the administration and coordination of training and research in support of the University’s academic mission and will serve as a highly advanced resource for the program. The position will be based at the Storrs campus. Occasional evening and weekend hours will be required. In-state and out-of-state travel will also be required on occasion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assessing programmatic needs and delivering program services and activities in accordance with program goals and objectives.
- Participating in the planning, development, design, and evaluation of program activities; making arrangements for special events and campus visits.
- Performing office management duties for the program; determining workflow, monitoring and processing necessary paperwork.
- Supervising and training professional and graduate assistant staff; establishing work schedules and work priorities.
- Monitoring approved budget and expenditures.
- Serving as a primary resource for the Ph.D. Program to other University offices, University administrators, faculty, Ph.D. students, external agencies, and the public.
- Planning and coordinating sponsorship and outreach events such as the Ph.D. Project and conference, new student orientations, alumni events, and other events with responsibility for coordinating and making all necessary arrangements including promotion, invitations, travel, and related logistics.
- Responding to inquiries via e-mail, phone, and office visits from students, faculty, and the public regarding Ph.D. Program policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Compiling and analyzing program, student, and survey data; preparing narrative, data, and statistical reports to evaluate program effectiveness and marketing trends.
- Coordinating recruitment of students into the Ph.D. Program through the Ph.D. Program website and chat room and recruiting events; implementing recruiting and promotional strategies and engaging in related activities.
- Assisting in advising students regarding program policies and procedures, research compliance, registration, international issues, and other problems.
- Working with Faculty Coordinators and Associate Dean in screening applicants; reviewing and evaluating admissions applications and recommending admission to the program.
- Maintaining professional membership and actively engaging with the Ph.D. Project, DocNet, and other professional organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Six to seven years of related experience. Two years of experience must be serving as an advanced/senior team member or working as a project lead.
- Demonstrated supervisory and administrative experience.
- Demonstrated experience taking initiative, setting priorities, meeting deadlines, and making decisions using sound judgment.
- Demonstrated excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with faculty, staff, students, administrators as well as external agencies/groups, and the public.
- Proven ability to successfully recruit and counsel a diverse body of students, with an advanced understanding of principles and practices related to student interaction.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating, planning, and executing events and workshops.
- Demonstrated experience successfully presenting information to small and large groups.
- Demonstrated experience working well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Dependable transportation and willingness and ability to work flexible and/or irregular hours and travel in-state and out-of-state in support of program activities.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Experience working in an academic higher education environment in a university setting.
- Proven experience working with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated experience working with graduate students including an international population.
This is a full-time position based in Storrs, CT.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #496284 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on May 10, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.