The department of Budgeting, Administration and Finance at The University of Tampa has an opening for a Workday Analyst. This position has the responsibility for managing and configuring the Workday Financials and Student Financials system under the leadership of the Vice President of Administration and Finance, with a ‘dotted line’ relationship to Information Technology & Security to ensure proper oversight and accountability.
- Responsible for managing and configuring the Workday Financials, Workday Student Financials, Adaptive Planning, and Ingenuix systems.
- Maintain a hands-on, technical role with excellent knowledge of finance business processes and methodologies along with strong analytical and data modeling background.
- Review finance systems configurations for optimized process design and configuration.
- Partner with diverse business stakeholders to lead numerous projects to increase effectiveness and automate via finance system’s business processes.
- Provide technical guidance and respond to end user requests for new features, problem investigation, and build complex reports.
- Manage end-to-end functional support for finance systems by working closely with functional team to understand business requirements and execute them within Workday.
- Responsible for maintaining current finance policies, procedures, and trainings that are posted on websites and wiki
- Leverage business knowledge and expertise in finance to identify opportunities for process improvement within finance systems.
- Advise the functional team on new features released by finance systems and influence the adoption blueprint to maximize the finance team’s usage of finance systems.
- Coordinate feature cases with Workday and testing of Workday semi-annual and weekly updates.
- Develop custom reports for business users and senior executive management.
- Required to partner and coordinate activities involving finance systems with Information Technology & Security, on a recurring basis, to streamline system integrations and ensure that finance’s configuration of Workday remains consistent, reliable, and secure.
- Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures and backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of hands-on financial systems analyst experience required.
- Superior abilities to collaborate, problem solve, and rapidly develop advanced technical skills using Workday.
- 1 year (or more) of Workday Financial systems experience preferred.
- Solution-centric personality – you have the flexibility to think outside of the box.
- Ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn The University of Tampa software programs such as Workday and Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to embrace new technologies and innovative organizational practices.
For further details and to apply, please visit our website at www.ut.edu/jobs
Applicants should be prepared to attach a cover letter and resume.
The University of Tampa is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.