The Center for Rural Development (The Center), located in Somerset, Kentucky, invites applications for the position of Controller. The Center is a national model for economic development in rural areas, serving a forty-five county service area of Southern and Eastern Kentucky and beyond, with a wide array of programs.
The Controller is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of The Center in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, and other regulatory and advisory organizations and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices in keeping with the goals and objectives of the organization. Duties include the management and direction of the Accounting Department through subordinate department personnel. The position ensures that departmental and organizational objectives are in line with the need and mission of the organization.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Education & Experience:
Must possess a college degree, and preferably an advanced degree in Accounting, Business Administration, and/or a Certified Public Accountant with seven or more years of work-related experience or a combination of education and work experience.
- Responsible for the planning, developing, organizing, implementing, directing, and evaluating the organizational fiscal function and performance.
- Responsible for the review and approval of the reparation of accounting analysis: for budgetary planning and implementation, efficiency, financial reporting, and submittal for capital expenditures.
- Responsible for adhering to an organizational wide budget.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and have demonstrated the ability to develop direct reports, lead people, and create a motivational environment.
- Must possess experience in managing technology budgets, grants compliance, contracts and staff.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
The Center is an equal opportunity institution. Closing date for application is March 27, 2023 or until a suitable candidate is found. More detailed information may be found on The Center’s website at www.centertech.com. Qualified candidates should submit a resume of credentials and the names of three references to email@example.com or by mail to:
The Center for Rural Development
2292 South Highway 27, Suite 300
Somerset, KY 42501