Assistant Director of Community Outreach
Assistant Director of Community Outreach
Welcome and Introduction
Saint Joseph’s University is a private, Catholic, Jesuit institution and we expect members of our community to be knowledgeable about – and to make a positive contribution to – our mission. Saint Joseph’s University is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce. The University is committed to the diversity of its faculty and staff so that our students, our disciplines and our community as a whole can benefit from the multiple perspectives it offers. The University seeks qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion. EOE
Saint Joseph’s University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in its programs and activities, including admission and employment, in accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The Title IX Coordinator is responsible for overseeing compliance with Title IX and other civil rights laws and regulations. To contact the Title IX Coordinator, e-mail email@example.com, visit Campion Student Center suite 243, or call 610-660-1145. To learn more about the University’s Title IX policies, the process for filing a report or formal complaint of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, or other form of sexual misconduct, and the University’s response to reports and/or formal complaints, please visit www.sju.edu/titleix. Inquiries may also be directed to the Federal agency responsible for enforcing Title IX, the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Consistent with the Philadelphia Department of Public Health (PDPH) guidance, Saint Joseph’s University requires all faculty, staff, and students who will be on our campuses to be fully vaccinated, except for those with documented and approved medical and religious exemptions.
Headquartered within Saint Joseph’s University’s (SJU), School of Education and Human Development (SEHD), the Kinney Center for Autism Education and Support (Kinney), has a two-fold mission to educate and train the autism professionals of tomorrow, while supporting and serving the individuals and families affected by autism today. Kinney serves children and adults affected by autism while staffing their programs with graduate and undergraduate students, SCHOLARS, predominantly from Saint Joseph’s University but from surrounding colleges and universities as well.
Position Summary or Faculty Qualifications
The Assistant Director of Community Relations will ensure that the Kinney Center meets key goals by leveraging community outreach activities including events, fundraising and engagement. Importantly, this includes ensuring Kinney’s identity and messaging is aligned within the University brand. This position acts as a liaison with internal and external partners including, but not limited to University Advancement, Office of Marketing and Communications, and Enrollment Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and oversees the Web and Technology Specialist
- Manages signature events, including Autism Week, the Annual Luncheon, the Kinney 5K to include, but not be limited to securing sponsorship and in-kind donations, securing and managing communications with the speaker and key donors, creating and deploying integrated marketing plans, volunteer management, day of coordination, and technology needs.
- Develops integrated marketing plan(s) for the Kinney Center with the goals of raising awareness, filling client programs, driving enrollment of ASPIRE and Apprentice programs as coordinated with Enrollment Management, increasing fundraising in alignment with University Advancement.
- Oversees the development, maintenance and strategic direction of the Kinney Center’s website and social media.
- Works with the Office of Marketing and Communications to create and design promotional and informational materials to achieve marketing goals, including development of high impact messaging that will advance the Kinney Center through a variety of media including video, digital content and social media.
- Generates and executes segmented and relevant email communications to achieve optimal open and click rates through iModules.
- Establish and track KPI’s towards these goals including impressions, web visits, etc.
- Aids in the coordination and management of Kinney Center grants including soliciting, writing, budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
- Identifies opportunities and provides content
- Proofs, edits and makes recommendations for solicitation language
- Partners with gift officers to help solicit funds from assigned prospects and newly discovered individuals with capacity and inclination to support Kinney
- Crafts thank you letters for the President for gifts over $5,000
- Sends thank you notes from Kinney to all donors
- Build and maintain relationships with Kinney alumni (SCHOLARS, ASPIRE, and GA’s)
- Primary responsibility for Kinney’s participation within Saint Joseph’s Day of Giving with projected fundraising in excess of $75,000. This work includes identifying challenge gifts and creation of testimonials.
- Supports efforts in the University’s comprehensive campaign messaging to meet Kinney Center related priorities.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours:
- Occasional night and weekend hours
- 3-5 years of experience in position description duties outlined above.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects with attention to detail while meeting deadlines.
- Preference will be given to individuals with a background in marketing clinical services and creating information about clinical services and/or fundraising experience
- Experience with the following programs/platforms: social media, iModules and Banner.
- Experience working with and marketing for a diverse set of constituents
- Experience with video editing and Adobe Creative Suite
- Cover Letter/Letter of Interest
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Optional Documents
- Letters of Recommendation
For details and to apply, visit https://jobs.sju.edu/postings/19354
Saint Joseph’s University is a private, Catholic, Jesuit institution and we expect members of our community to be knowledgeable about – and to make a positive contribution to – our mission. Saint Joseph’s University is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce. The University is committed to the diversity of its faculty and staff so that our students, our disciplines and our community as a whole can benefit from the multiple perspectives it offers. The University seeks qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion. EOE M/F/V/D