PK Management, LLC a leading property management company in the multi-housing industry, has
an opening for a full-time Maintenance Technician Position. We are seeking a self-motivated and
career-minded individual to join our team. Professional and friendly work environment. Great
benefits including health, life, vacation and 401K! Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply maintenance skills and customer service skills to ensure overall maintenance of the
property to ensure that all physical as- pects of the property meet all applicable laws as well as
the company's established standards. Troubleshoot and repair all aspects of the property and
its units; plumbing, electrical, heating/cooling, carpentry, appliances, painting and drywall.
Work may be per- formed independently or as part of the maintenance team. This position
operates within and contributes to an environment with Fair Housing laws and Equal
- Troubleshoot work orders daily for residents prioritizing the service requests and ensuring
they are completed in a timely fashion.
- Prepare vacant units for new residents ensuring that the unit meets the company
- Maintain the exterior grounds of the property and conduct seasonal duties such as snow
removal or pool maintenance.
- Conduct walk-through of the entire property to ensure everything is in working order; if not,
take the appropriate steps for correction.
- Prepare for inspections.
- Schedule outside contractors for projects, if necessary.
- Be available for quick response per company policy if on-call duties are required.
- Attend staff meetings as required or requested.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Manager or
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Administrative Skills – ability to understand the Company's policies and procedures, track
materials used for inventory purpos- es, sign-in/sign-out unit keys.
- Analytical Skills – ability to draw conclusions and examine alternatives when approaching a
maintenance request, ability to read blue prints, if required, ability to consider alternative
methods/materials, if the necessary are unavailable.
- Communication/Language Skills – ability to read and comprehend warning labels and
service requests, ability to effectively communicate with residents and other property staff.
- Coordinating Skills – ability to prioritize numerous tasks and the importance of service
- Creative Skills – ability to find the most efficient way to complete a task, continuously look for
ways to retain residents and improve the property.
- Computer Skills – Outlook.
- Leadership Skills – ability to show confidence in work, motivate others and represent the
property at resident functions.
- Manual Skills – cleaning, snow removal, grounds keeping.
- Maintenance Skills – plumbing, electric, heating/cooling, carpentry, appliance repair,
- Appliance Repair – Troubleshooting and repair of parts, clean lint screen in washer/dryer,
pumps and transmission, water heater troubleshooting, repair and replacement.
- Carpentry – Proper use of hand and power tools, cabinetry, door hanging to include installing hardware, closets, hinges, drywall repair and replacement, window repair and replacement, shelving installation.
- Electrical – Able to replace outlets, switches, light fixtures, circuit breakers, photocells, ballasts, understand and use basic test equipment, knowledge of fire and security system operation.
- Grounds keeping – Maintain landscaping and snow removal equipment, snow removal and salting of walks, operate blower, operate and maintain lawn equipment.
- Housekeeping – Understand and use MSDS, use cleaning chemicals
- Education: High School Diploma/GED (beneficial)
- Work Experience: 1-3 years of prior maintenance experience required.
- Licenses/Certifications: HVAC certification preferred, valid driver's license with insurance required. valid driver's license may be required by property.
- Minimum Tools Required Standard tools: hammer, screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, etc…