General LaborerPayne Homes Inc
Local residential building company looking for someone with general carpentry skills to do punch and warranty work in Madison and Fayette counties.
Duties will include drywall repair, painting, light carpentry and clean up of jobsites. You must have your own transportation, tools and be able to pass a drug test.
General Laborer Job Duties:
– Clear work areas by removing debris and hazardous materials, to make them ready for construction work.
– Ensure that all tools and equipment are readily available at the beginning of each shift, so that skilled laborers can begin their work on time.
– Arrange for materials such as bricks, mortar and cement to be available at assigned worksites.
– Load and unload materials to and from delivery trucks, ensuring that they are safely moved to storage sites.
– Erect and maintain walls, retaining walls and fences.
– Assist in construction or demolishing of buildings.
– Load and unload structure materials and move materials in work areas.
– Direct traffic at or near building sites and carry out other traffic management activities.
– Maintain plants, landscape and gardens.
– Assist supervisors with clerical duties.
– Operate forklift, mowers and material breakers.
– Maintain tools and equipment.
– Erect or demolish concrete forms, scaffolding and ramps.
– Assist in plantation and take care of forests.
– Construct scaffolding.
– Dig trenches and place pipes or cables for drains and extra services.
– Construct and maintain roads, pathways or railways.
– Clean up work sites.
– Manage shift equipment and materials.
– Transfer and finish concrete slabs.
– Take delivery of materials and cargo from suppliers.
– Mix, transfer and extend materials such as concrete and asphalt.
– Help in drilling and blasting; plane earth using rakes and shovels.
– Remove debris and trash from construction sites using wheelbarrows.
– Perform other duties as assigned by manager.