FINANCIAL INFO SVCS AGENCY
Job Posting Notice
Job ID 529586 # of Positions 1
Business Title BUSINESS ANALYST
Civil Service Title IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT SPECIALI
Title Code No 95713 Level 00
Title Classification Non-Competitive
Proposed Salary Range $ 90,000.00 - $100,000.00 (Annual)
Work Location 5 Manhattan West
Division/Work Unit OPS/Business Support
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
The Financial Information Services Agency and the Office of Payroll Administration (FISA-OPA) seeks to hire a Business Analyst to work in the Payroll Operations Support Unit to support City of New York citywide systems that include the Payroll Management System (PMS), the CityTime Application (CT), the Pension Payroll Management System (PPMS), the Workers Compensation System (WCS) and FISA/OPA (New York City Office of Payroll Administration) functions / systems including the City’s tax reporting and filing systems (W2, 941, RACS). Under the general direction, the primary responsibilities of the position are to:
- Analyze, research and document business requirements that include, as needed, creating business, domain and activity models/diagrams.
- Conduct requirements gathering sessions with representatives from City of New York agencies, pension systems, oversight agencies, unions, benefit providers and other applicable external business partners.
- Conduct or assist in application testing planning, coordination, and execution activities.
- Coordinate with external business partners and City agencies to gather, validate and process data required for quarterly tax reporting and annual W2 processing.
- Troubleshoot issues that arise during daily, quarterly and/or annual processing, and work with various teams to resolve in a timely manner.
- Investigate and propose recommendations for resolution of business and application software issues.
- Provide subject matter expertise in business processing and functionality, which includes tax reporting, payroll processing, payroll deductions, agency/user payroll setup and management, reporting, etc.
Minimum Qual Requirements
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering or a related field and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to information technology service management, process management, operations;
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to information technology service management, process management, operations;
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” or “2” above.
- Experience and knowledge of PMS (payroll processes), NYCAPS (personnel), CityTime (timekeeping) and CHRMS canned reports and ad hoc facility.
- Knowledge and experience in IBM Mainframe environments, QMF, SQL, etc.
- Understanding of relational databases (e.g. DB2, MS SQL Server).
- Proficiency running back-end/database queries for data analysis (DB2 on Mainframe or Microsoft Access).
- Clearly document and explain problems and to work with others to defects while ensuring technical compatibility and end user satisfaction.
- Ability to demonstrate the ability to plan and manage time according to schedules, and status reporting.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills required.
- Strong MS Office experience; including Visio, Excel, Project, and Access required.
The City of New York offers a comprehensive set of benefits and programs to employees, including health insurance, pension plan, Deferred Compensation Plan (with 457, 401K and Roth IRA options), pre-tax Commuter Benefit program, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts programs and more. Additional benefits such as prescription drug coverage, dental benefits, vision care benefits and more are also available through District Council 37 – Local 2627, the union that represents employees in this title.
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 529586. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA-OPA.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm.
New York City Residency is not required for this position.
POSTING DATE 04/21/2022 POST UNTIL Until Filled
The City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer