Pharmaceutical Market Research and Policy Manager- State Program Administrator Director
Job Class: State Program Administrator, Director
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers and bidders of MDH simultaneously. Bids will be accepted through 4/14/22.
- Date Posted: 04/08/2022
- Closing Date: 05/19/2022
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Health Department / Health-MMA
- Division/Unit: Health Policy / Pharmaceutical Economics Research
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Days of Work: Monday - Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $33.27 - $47.93/hourly; $69,467 - $100,077/annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 216 - Middle Management Association/MMA
- FLSA Status: Exempt - Executive
- Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
The Pharmaceutical Economics Research unit within the Health Economics Program seeks a State Program Administrator, Director. This position will lead the design, development, and execution of Minnesota’s role in implementing the Prescription Drug Transparency Act (MS 62J.84) as well as supervise three staff in the Pharmaceutical Economics Research unit.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the Prescription Drug Transparency Act and other health reform discussions or initiatives related to prescription drugs throughout MDH and statewide.
- Direct the design and implementation of data collection mechanisms and a public-facing website.
- Direct the identification of and updates to key metrics.
- Develop internal and external stakeholder relationships. This includes relationships with stakeholders such as drug manufacturers, health care providers, health care plans, citizen groups, legislators, state agencies, and citizens.
- Effectively navigate and communicate complex and controversial issues with stakeholders.
- Four years of program management experience with policy responsibilities.
- Experience using data and applying data to policymaking.
A doctoral degree in Pharmacy, Health Services Research, Economics, Public Health, Public Policy, Public Administration, Health Care Administration, Health Informatics, Data Science, or related field may substitute for 12 months of experience; a master’s degree in the same academic fields may substitute for 6 months of experience.
Minimum qualifications to be assessed at interview:
- Written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills sufficient to lead/supervise others.
- Master's or doctoral degree in Pharmacy, Health Services Research, Economics, Public Health, Public Policy, PublicAdministration, Health Care Administration, Health Informatics, Data Science, or related field.
- Familiarity with the principals, practices, and application of pharmacoeconomics.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in use of prescription drug reference tools, including those made available by government agencies.
- Demonstrated experience designing and performing research studies or empirical analyses of trends in pharmaceutical markets and the use of pharmaceutical products by individuals and in insurance settings.
- Experience with state and federal health policy considerations applied to the development, manufacturing, distribution, and pricing of pharmaceutical products, including initiatives aimed at reforming the prescription drug market.
- Working knowledge of state government policies, procedures, and processes.
- Supervisory or managerial experience.
This position requires successful completion of a background check.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
How to Apply
Within your application material, please clearly address how you meet all minimum qualifications and any preferred qualifications for this position and indicate the beginning and ending month and year for each job held. Incomplete applications may not be accepted.
Applicants must apply to the MN Careers website http://www.mn.gov/careers Job ID 54556.
If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
If you have questions about the position, contact Genna Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate and the Job posting ID # to Genna Anderson at email@example.com by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Health ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.