VP Advertising and Marketing
Posted on February 22, 2018
H-L Media, publisher of the Lexington Herald-Leader and Kentucky.com, is seeking an experienced digital first Advertising and Marketing Executive to manage all aspects of sales and marketing. The position is responsible for all advertising revenues for digital, print, and niche products including marketing strategy, client development, revenue budgeting, sales projections, and new product marketing. This position reports directly to the President and Publisher of H-L Media Company.
We are McClatchy, a national leader in digital media; and we are growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways.
We are experiencing the most transformative period in our history.
The primary responsibilities of the Vice President Advertising and Marketing include:
- Managing all aspects of advertising sales including revenue budgeting and forecasting, sales strategy, compensation structure, new product development, training and advertising operations. Understanding of direct mail, TMC, niche publications, and P&L financials.
- Overseeing the management and coordination of marketing working in partnership with other departments to drive audience growth, including the development of our strategic marketing direction.
- Provide leadership in the creation and execution of short and long-term strategic digital first revenue objectives to enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Manage community partnerships and sponsorships, to drive and support our marketing strategy.
Additional desired traits include:
- Skilled marketing and sales professional with 10+years of management experience, with progressively responsible leadership roles.
- 5+ years of Media Industry expertise. Digital media knowledge and experience required.
- Advanced Salesforce (CRM) experience.
- PC proficiency is essential (Google and Windows environment).
- Strong financial skills.