Strategic Media Sales Consultant
Posted on March 2, 2018
Lexington Herald-Leader is hiring a Strategic Media Sales Consultant. The successful candidate will grow revenue in strategic accounts (large local and regional accounts) with local decision makers. Responsible for identifying opportunities, collaborating with the digital strategy team to create solution based marketing proposals and closing business. We’ll provide the support, structure, products and training if you’ll provide the desire to win.
- Provide over the top customer service.
- Achieves overall and digital sales goals by understanding, assessing and developing areas for growth within identified opportunity categories and locations.
- Competently service all accounts through: strategic prospecting, planning, needs analysis, idea generation, proposal preparation and presentation/closing.
- Establishes key relationships with account’s influencers and decision makers that are interested in multi-product solutions.
- Works with designated multi-media planner and digital overlay specialist to create strong and detailed proposals based on complete CIA needs assessments and ROI solution conversations.
- Masters the sales process while utilizing and maintain the sales opportunity pipeline on a regular basis.
- Meet weekly with sales management to discuss selling activities and upcoming opportunities that will affect overall performance.
- Utilize sales assistants to competently schedule and handle paperwork on a timely basis with minimal error. Includes, but not limited to; scheduling of ads, layouts, corrections, changes and advertiser requests.
- Reports campaign results provided by customer success analyst to ensure client satisfaction and identify follow-up opportunities for up-sell and cross-sell.
- Commitment to progressive professional development through participation in training sessions and sales contests, local networking opportunities, idea generation, and using presentation software and co-op tools.Education:College degree BS/BA preferred.
Experience:One year experience in digital advertising preferred.
Lexington Herald-Leader, an equal opportunity employer, is committed to promoting diversity within our drug and alcohol free workplace.