Housing Choice Voucher SpecialistLexington Housing Authority
Housing Choice Voucher Specialist
Position opening for an independent, organized and customer service-oriented individual who will work to certify new and existing clients in busy local housing program.
- The ideal candidate will possess analytical and moderately complex clerical skills.
- Responsible for providing support to management and other staff members.
- The ability to work effectively with the public and landlords in determining eligibility for programs is required.
- Candidate should have a proven record of dealing courteously and tactfully with many kinds of people.
- Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- A knowledge of, or ability to learn assisted housing programs is preferred.
- High school diploma required, with bachelor’s degree in business or related field, plus two years interviewing experience in position with a public agency preferred.
Beginning salary is $32,000.00 with an excellent benefits package.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment