Vehicle & Equipment Technician
The minimum salary is $22.654 per hour
This is a non-exempt position eligible for overtime, if applicable.
Pay Grade 517
FILING DEADLINE DATE
The deadline to apply is Wednesday, November 29, 2023
The purpose of this classification perform comprehensive maintenance and repairs on Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government’s vehicles and equipment.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Two (2) years of automotive mechanic experience
- Additional years of related education may substitute for years of experience
- Diagnose, repair and perform scheduled preventative maintenance as needed on LFUCG vehicles and equipment
- Maintains records of work performed
- Perform safety inspections
- Maintains inventory of parts and supplies
- Performs related work as assigned
- Valid Driver's License
- One (1) Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification must be obtained within the first six (6) months of employment and maintained as a condition of continued employment
- All positions require drug testing and background check before employment and may require a post-job offer physical as stated in Ordinances 21-14(b), 22-13 and 23-16.
- Must furnish own tools
- May be subject to call-back duty
Examination will be a training and experience evaluation from information provided on the application at filing deadline date.