Treatment Plant Operator
FILING DEADLINE DATE
The purpose of this classification is to, under the guidance of the Treatment Plant Operator, gain the knowledge and experience to operate a wastewater treatment plant to ensure water discharged is in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations related to health and public safety.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- No experience required
With guidance from the Treatment Plant Operator:
- Monitors treatment plant operations using a Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system and responds to any system alarms and events
- Performs regular rounds of daily plant inspections to monitor operating conditions, make adjustments and report required repairs to maintenance staff or management as needed
- Records operational data, and/or meter and gauge readings on specified forms and reports
- Collects and tests water and sewage samples; sends samples to the water quality laboratory for analysis
- Adds chemicals, such as chlorine, or lime, to disinfect and deodorize water and other liquids
- Performs related work as assigned
- Must obtain Kentucky Class I Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators License within eighteen (18) months as a condition of employment.
- Valid Driver's License
- All positions require drug testing and background check before employment and may require a post-job offer physical as stated in Ordinances 21-14(b), 22-13 and 23-16.
- Positions must be accessible for on-call duty and be able to work shifts, weekends, and holidays as assigned and during emergencies.