SUPPORT SPECIALIST (COMPUTER SERVICES)
The minimum hourly rate is $16.237 per hour
This position is non-exempt and is eligible for overtime
Pay Grade 512
FILING DEADLINE DATE
The deadline to apply is Tuesday March 23, 2021
The purpose of this classification is to provide computer help desk support and perform technical work for computer hardware, software, and network related issues. This classification assists users with managing their accounts, maintaining databases, and running backups for operating systems.
Associate’s degree, vocational technical degree, or specialized training that is equivalent to satisfactory completion of two (2) years of college education; and, a minimum of two (2) years of experience; or, an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Provides computer help desk support via telephone and remote desktop connection to troubleshoot and resolve software, hardware, and network related issues.
- Coordinates and performs technical work for onsite computer hardware, software, and network repairs.
- Provides user support for various systems.
- Manages switchboard, routes calls to appropriate individuals, and records calls in the call log.
- Creates tutorials and trains users on various software applications.
- Obtains quotes and purchases computer hardware, software, and network equipment.
- Maintains and monitors databases, systems security, and runs recovery backups.
- Coordinates warranty repairs and replacements of defective equipment.
- Maintains records of loaned equipment and provides instructions to users.
- Creates receipts, processes payments, and prints checks/forms.
- Serves as backup Payroll Coordinator for the division.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Must be able to operate Urban County Government equipment and vehicles in a safe, prudent and responsible manner.
- All positions require drug testing before employment and may require a post-job offer physical as stated in Ordinances 21-14(b), 22-13 and 23-16.
- Pursuant to the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988 and to sections 21-52, 22-34 and 23-50 of the Code of Ordinances, all employees must remain drug and alcohol free when reporting to work, while at work and while engaged in any work related activities.
- Based on Federal Regulations 19-10 this position may be eligible for and offered the hepatitis vaccinations. In addition, employees will be required to sign a statement stating they have accepted or declined the hepatitis vaccination.
Examination will be a training and experience evaluation from information provided on the application at filing deadline date weighted at 100% of the final score.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit LFUCG electronic application through www.lexingtonky.gov/jobs and attach/upload applicable documents to verify your education, training, certification/license(s), or DD214 (for military preference with appropriate discharge) by filing deadline date.
RESUMES CANNOT BE SUBSTITUTED FOR THE APPLICATION, but may be electronically attached/uploaded to the application.
Please note that the section titled "Application Questionnaire" has to be completed every time a new or revised application is submitted. Even if other information is pre-filled, the Questionnaire does not transfer.
***APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO COMPLETE THE ELECTRONIC APPLICATION IN ITS ENTIRETY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FURTHER***
Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government offers an outstanding benefits package, i.e. voluntary benefits spending account program; three weeks vacation and three weeks sick leave per year. Direct Deposit is required of all employees.
Applicants must be able to perform all essential job functions, as identified in the job posting. All positions require drug testing before employment and may require a pre-employment physical.
All applicants on previous eligibility lists for this classification must reapply in order to compete for this and future vacancies which may occur while this eligibility list is in effect.
The LFUCG is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, and as such is committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay and other aspects of employment.