Software Developer Senior (Computer Services, located at Waste Management)
This position is not eligible for overtime (exempt); however, the city has a compensatory time leave program for employees that grants leave time for hours worked in excess of forty hours.
Pay Grade 525
FILING DEADLINE DATE
The purpose of this classification is to oversee and/or perform the development, implementation, and maintenance of software applications and environments.
This position is the information technology team lead and primary technical resource for the division of Waste Management, to ensure effective operations and continued evolution of all software systems within the division. This position is a critical resource for Routeware, Zonar, and other systems essential to the daily operations of the division by supporting the existing configurations, assessing dynamic situations and determining appropriate courses of action to remediate unexpected issues and improve functionality.
This position should be familiar with writing complex SQL queries used for reporting.
- Bachelor¿s degree in a field related to the job
- Four (4) years of related experience
- Additional years of related education may substitute for years of experience
- Additional years of related experience may substitute for years of education
- Plans, coordinates, and directs activities to develop, maintain, and administer server-based software housed on-premises and in hosted environments
- Coordinates with other technical resources and customer divisions to ensure efficient and reliable operation of assigned software environments
- Supports existing configuration and analyzes system behavior to prescribe corrective action
- Develops and implements code to add functionality or change the behavior of software, to include input and output methods, internal processes, workflows, and developing reports
- Oversees annual budget of assigned software environments, evaluate vendor proposals, statements of work, support agreements, and approve associated invoices
- Acts as project manager for upgrades, migrations, and special projects for assigned software environments
- Conducts research, evaluates new technologies, and reports findings
- Performs related work as assigned