POLICE OFFICER - TRAINEE
***These requirements are for the Position of Police Officer with the Lexington Police Department. To be considered for this position, it is important to follow the instructions***
Please refer to the Lexington Police webpage www.joinlexpolice.com for applicable test dates, times, and locations. Individual notices may not be sent so it is the responsibility of the applicant to keep apprised of the information on the website.
19.739 hourly (Starting Pay)
This is a non-exempt position eligible for overtime, if applicable.
Plus yearly state training incentive, education incentive, and uniform/equipment allowance where applicable and take-home vehicle upon solo-phase. Step increases each year of service.
FILING DEADLINE DATE
The deadline to apply is Tuesday, April 13, 2021
- United States Citizen
- Between the ages of 21-36 years at filing deadline date
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Certification
- Possession of valid driver’s license
- Applicants for the position of police recruit will be required to disclose any and all tattoos and body alterations as part of the application process. The Chief of Police or the Chief’s designee will review the applicant’s tattoo or body alteration and determine whether the applicant will be approved for further consideration in the application process. **NOTE** Sleeve tattoos and tattoos that appear on the hands, neck, or above the neck are prohibited. The complete personal appearance policies for the LPD are available to read online at: www.lexingtonky.gov/police-department-policies.
- Able to read, write and understand the English language and follow instructions.
- Ability to work a flexible or rotating schedule.
- A person of sobriety and integrity, and have been an orderly, law-abiding citizen.
- Never have been convicted of a felony or crime involving moral turpitude.
Patrols a designated area of Lexington, Fayette County, Kentucky to preserve law and order, to prevent and discover the commission of crime, to direct traffic, to reduce traffic accidents and to enforce laws and ordinances.
- Responds to calls and complaints involving automobile accidents, burglaries, neighborhood disturbances, domestic violence situations, reckless drivers, vandalism and other misdemeanors and felonies.
- Secures the scene of a crime or accident; administers first aid; gathers and identifies evidence; makes photographs and diagrams on the scene; obtains witnesses; and makes arrests.
- Conducts criminal investigations of homicides, rapes, burglaries, robberies, frauds, thefts, assaults, vices and other crimes.
- Responds to calls in an off-duty capacity when required.
- Serves warrants, summonses, subpoenas and other legal notices; issues traffic citations; and prepares traffic accident and criminal offense reports.
- Testifies as a witness in court in connection with arrests and citations made.
- Acts as an information source for citizens concerning laws and ordinances
HOW TO APPLY
Please see instructions for applying for this specific position in the SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS above.
Lexington Police Recruiter at 859-425-2325 or JoinLexPD@lexingtonpolice.ky.gov
You may also contact:
Division of Human Resources
Phone: (859) 258-3030
Web site: www.lexingtonky.gov