Parks Event Coordinator (Division of Parks and Recreation)
This position is not eligible for overtime (exempt); however, the city has a compensatory time leave program for employees that grants leave time for hours worked in excess of forty hours.
Pay Grade 516
FILING DEADLINE DATE
The purpose of this classification is to organize, develop and supervise specialty recreation programs and activities for any assigned location or facility.
This position serves as an event coordinator and supervisor, and assists with organization and management of special events in parks and other public spaces.
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to the job
- Two (2) years of related experience
- Additional years of related education may substitute for years of experience
- Additional years of related experience may substitute for years of education
- Develops, implements, and supervises program and/or facility activities and events
- Assists the Event Manager in planning and executing events
- Coordinates and conducts all aspects of assigned programs and events, including but not limited to prep and loading of supplies, onsite event set-up, break-down and clean-up.
- Plans and coordinates public outdoor events and programs throughout Lexington parks
- Selects venues, adhere to the given budget, schedule performers and activities, determine layout, coordinate vendors
- Works with vendors, participants and partners to ensure client satisfaction for the scheduled event
- Coordinates efforts to improve programs through program evaluation, community outreach and marketing
- Recruits, trains, supervises and evaluates the work of subordinates, volunteers and contractors
- Supervises event staff
- Oversees assigned event budgeting, finances and purchasing
- Performs administrative duties related to planning, event management and evaluation including but not limited to scheduling, data entry, data management, reporting, and maintaining inventory of supplies, phone and written correspondence, record keeping, participant
registration and payments
- Enforces policies, rules and regulations of parks and facilities to maintain compliance and ensure safety
- Performs related work as assigned
- Valid Driver's License
- First Aid and CPR/AED Certifications must be obtained within first six (6) months of employment and maintained as a condition of continued employment
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings, holidays, perform on-call duty and split shifts when required to best serve the public in offering recreational opportunities