Mobile Recreation and Program Evaluation Assistant
FILING DEADLINE DATE
The purpose of this classification is to provide program support and/or classroom support to middle and high school youth.
This position will assist in the planning, implementation of evaluation of our mobile recreation programs and events at parks. This position will assist in maintaining and compiling program evaluation data.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Two (2) years of related experience
- Additional years of related education may substitute for years of related experience
- Supervises students/participants during a variety of activities, meals and snacks, assigned time-outs from the classroom, and during transitions between classes, as needed
- Assists in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of mobile recreation programs and events at parks
- Maintains inventory and storage of equipment related to mobile recreation programming
- Assists in maintaining a safe and healthy environment; ensures compliance with policies, procedures and accreditation criteria
- Follows rules, regulations, policies, and procedures for the program(s) and as well as provide any needed instruction to participants as assigned
- Assists Recreation Manager in maintaining and compiling program evaluation data
- Observes and interacts with students/participants in a therapeutic manner and/or provides information as appropriate to clinical, educational, or other staff and the public
- Transports students to and from school and program participants as needed; performs vehicle safety inspections
- Performs related work as assigned
All positions require drug testing and background check before employment and may require a post-job offer physical as stated in Ordinances 21-14(b), 22-13 and 23-16. In addition, positions working directly with youth will require Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) check, and State and National sex offender registry checks before employment.