Fire Recruit - Lexington Fire Department
To be considered for the position of Fire Recruit with the Lexington Fire Department, it is important to follow these instructions:
- You must meet the minimum requirements listed in this job posting. Additional detail is located on the LFD website.
- You must complete the LFUCG application in order to attend the written exam. You must complete the entire application.
- Once you submit your application, you cannot go back and edit or change it. Save each page where indicated so you do not lose information you have entered.
- Resume upload is not required.
- Complete required application fields, to include education and work experience. Detailed information is not required for this hiring process but required fields need to include some information.
- You will receive an email from Peoplesoft@Peoplesoft.com after your application has been submitted to the email address you provided (check your junk/spam folder).
Please refer to the Lexington Fire Department's webpage https://www.lexingtonky.gov/joinlexfd or LFD Hiring social media accounts for updates on applicable test dates, times and locations. Individual notices may not be sent so it is the responsbility of the applicant to keep apprised of hiring process updates.
$20.462 per hour
This position is non-exempt and eligible for overtime.
Upon graduation from the academy, eligible for state training incentive [completion of 400 training hours], uniform allowance, education and certification incentives and more.
FILING DEADLINE DATE
The deadline to apply is Wednesday March 31, 2021
Duties include protecting life and property through fire suppression/prevention, arson investigation activities, and emergency medical care services; maintenance of fire station, fire apparatus and equipment; and other related duties.
- Eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Between the ages of 19-34 years at filing deadline date
- A person of sobriety and integrity, and have been an orderly, law-abiding citizen.
- Never have been convicted of a felony or crime involving moral turpitude.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Certification
- Possession of valid driver's license
- Able to read, write and understand the English language and follow instructions.
- Ability to work on a 24 hours on and 48 hours off rotation or other flexible schedule.
- Applicants must be able to perform all the essential job duties, including but not limited to having the physical strength and ability to allow considerable lifting, carrying, climbing and prolonged manual labor under adverse conditions.
- Based on preliminary testing (written, CPAT, oral), a certain number of individuals will be required to submit to a polygraph and background investigation.
- All Fire Recruit candidates require drug testing, psychological examination and a complete medical examination after any conditional job offer is extended.
- Individuals must obtain certification as an Emergency Medical Technician during the academy and maintain certification throughout employment. A Paramedic certification during the academy and employment may also be required.
- Must be able to adhere to Division of Fire/EMS personnel uniform and personal grooming requirements.
- This position is subject to a collective bargaining agreement. Union dues or Fair Share amounts will be collected.
Candidates will be notified regarding examination dates, times and locations after the application period closes.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to check the webpage regularly for information and updates.
Updates will be provided on the Division of Fire/EMS webpage at https://www.lexingtonky.gov/joinlexfd.
Also, be sure to follow LFD on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @LFDHiring
No exam dates are scheduled. Tentative May timeframe.
Candidates will be required to register in advance to secure testing date and times. Testing lasts approx. 2.5 hours
ID required, no electronic devices allowed on site. CPAT card is not required to take the written test.
Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT):
No dates are currently scheduled.
Scheduling for the CPAT Orientation session will occur following the exam written session. Tentative June/July timeframe.
Only applicants who receive a passing grade on the written exam will more forward to the CPAT.
Location: 110 Cleveland Drive, Paris KY 40361
Will be scheduled to take place after CPAT testing is complete.
For more information on the Fire Recruit hiring process, visit https://www.lexingtonky.gov/become-firefighter-begin-here
Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government offers an outstanding benefits package. Direct Deposit is required of all employees.
All applicants on previous eligibility lists for this classification must reapply in order to compete for this and future vacancies which may occur while this eligibility list is in effect.
The LFUCG is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, and as such is committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay and other aspects of employment.