FILING DEADLINE DATE
The purpose of this position is to provide technical support in the coordination and inspection of the engineering aspects of new construction, sanitary sewers, traffic, and drainage projects.
- Schedules, conducts, and documents on-site inspections to verify compliance with constructions documents
- Reviews and issues permits and follows up to ensure permits are being used appropriately, as assigned
- Schedules, conducts, and/or witnesses field tests/work to collect data used to evaluate compliance with procedures, codes, standards, and regulations
- Prepares and issues notices of inspection, letters of violation and non-compliance, work orders, and affidavits of release
- Communicates with internal and external customers, contractors, and businesses to discuss projects and answer any questions and/or concerns and attends all applicable meetings as needed
- Performs data entry, reporting, file, database, and/or inventory maintenance, and other administrative duties as needed
- Performs related work as assigned
Valid driver's license
- Maybe subject to callback duty or occasional evening or weekend work as assigned or during emergencies.
- In accordance with CAO Policy 23R "Acquisition of Real Property From Property Owners under Certain Notices and/or Orders", no employee who works in a Division with regulatory or civil enforcement authority over real property located in Fayette County shall acquire an interest in real property in Fayette County with any outstanding citation, notice or order from the Division in which he or she works regardless of whether the citation, notice, or order was issued by the employee or someone else in the Division. This policy extends to immediate family members and the Commissioner of the Department in which the identified employee is employed. Employees may be required to disclose all real property owned by the employee as well as his/her immediate family members. Property and business ownership exemptions may apply.
- All positions require drug testing before employment and may require a post-job offer physical as stated in Ordinances 21-14(b), 22-13 and 23-16.