Director, One Lexington (Mayor's Office, Unclassified)
FILING DEADLINE DATE
The deadline to apply is Monday, April 26, 2021.
The purpose of this classification is to direct the One Lexington Coordinating Team. This position facilitates the collaboration of community groups, youth programs, social services and businesses to bring awareness to community issues and initiate change, solutions and improvement in pursuit of a safer Lexington.
This classification works independently, under limited supervision, reporting major activities through periodic meetings.
Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Social Work, Social Science or a related field; and, a minimum of six (6) years of experience in public administration and program planning; or, an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Analyzes data on the effectiveness and efficiency of community programs and services, reviews and discusses data with city and community stakeholders, and implements corrective action.
- Establishes and implements goals, objectives, policies, and procedures to achieve the success of programs and operations.
- Serves as liaison with other departments, elected officials, other government agencies and the public, answers questions, and provides information.
- Presents comprehensive and evaluative reports on program operations and activities.
- Researches, identifies and procures resources such as grants, consultants, and technical assistance to improve the quality or extend the level of services in the community.
Examination will be a training and experience evaluation from information provided on the application at the filing deadline date.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit LFUCG electronic application through www.lexingtonky.gov/jobs and attach/upload applicable documents to verify your education, training, certification/license(s), or DD214 (for military preference with appropriate discharge) by filing deadline date.
Please note that the section titled "Application Questionnaire" has to be completed every time a new or revised application is submitted. Even if other information is pre-filled, the Questionnaire does not transfer.
Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government offers an outstanding benefits package, i.e. voluntary benefits spending account program; three weeks vacation and three weeks sick leave per year. Direct Deposit is required of all employees.
Applicants must be able to perform all essential job functions, as identified in the job posting. All positions require drug testing before employment and may require a pre-employment physical.
All applicants on previous eligibility lists for this classification must reapply in order to compete for this and future vacancies which may occur while this eligibility list is in effect.
The LFUCG is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, and as such is committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay and other aspects of employment.