DIRECTOR, ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES
The minimum salary is $85,346.56 annually.
This is an exempt position and is not eligible for overtime.
Pay grade 531.
FILING DEADLINE DATE
The deadline to apply is April 29, 2021.
The purpose of this classification is to direct the Division of Environmental Services and ensure it is performing its assigned functions effectively and efficiently.
This classification works under administrative supervision, developing and implementing programs within organizational policies and reports major activities to executive level administrators through conferences and reports.
Bachelor's degree in a hard science such as environmental engineering, civil engineering, natural resource management, ecology, geology, forestry, or related field; and, a minimum of eight (8) years experience in program management, technical project management or related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Oversees the general function and responsibilities of the division including but not limited to compliance, accounting, and HR policies and procedures
- Develops and manages the division’s budget including approvals of expenditures and estimates
- Manages division’s staff assignments, hiring, disciplinary action, and organizational structure
- Communicates and collaborates with the administration, Urban City Council, and other division’s directors regarding services and responsibilities of the division
- Develops, reviews, and approves legislation at the division level for consideration by the administration and council
- Attends Corridors Commission meetings as the Commissioner of Public Works’ non-voting designee; manages and maintains Commission projects
- Writes, organizes, and manages contract scopes, plans, contractors, and budgets related to natural resource management and division’s operational duties
- Serves as public liaison for the division and environmental issues
- Performs related work as assigned.
Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to perform on-call duty work in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to operate Urban County Government equipment and vehicles in a safe, prudent and responsible manner.
- All positions require drug testing before employment and may require a post-job offer physical as stated in Ordinances 21-14(b), 22-13 and 23-16.
- Pursuant to the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988 and to sections 21-52, 22-34 and 23-50 of the Code of Ordinances, all employees must remain drug and alcohol free when reporting to work, while at work and while engaged in any work related activities.
- Based on Federal Regulations 19-10 this position may be eligible for and offered the hepatitis vaccinations. In addition, employees will be required to sign a statement stating they have accepted or declined the hepatitis vaccination.
Training and experience evaluation from information provided on the application at filing deadline date.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit LFUCG electronic application through www.lexingtonky.gov/jobs and attach/upload applicable documents to verify your education, training, certification/license(s), or DD214 (for military preference with appropriate discharge) by filing deadline date.
RESUMES CANNOT BE SUBSTITUTED FOR THE APPLICATION, but may be electronically attached/uploaded to the application.
Please note that the section titled "Application Questionnaire" has to be completed every time a new or revised application is submitted. Even if other information is pre-filled, the Questionnaire does not transfer.
***APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO COMPLETE THE ELECTRONIC APPLICATION IN ITS ENTIRETY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FURTHER***
Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government offers an outstanding benefits package, i.e. voluntary benefits spending account program; three weeks vacation and three weeks sick leave per year. Direct Deposit is required of all employees.
Applicants must be able to perform all essential job functions, as identified in the job posting. All positions require drug testing before employment and may require a pre-employment physical.
All applicants on previous eligibility lists for this classification must reapply in order to compete for this and future vacancies which may occur while this eligibility list is in effect.
The LFUCG is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, and as such is committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay and other aspects of employment.