Director Enhanced 911
Director Enhanced 911
Job ID 3984
Location Fayette County
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Return to Previous Page Switch to Internal View
The minimum salary is $66,869.92 annually.
This is an exempt position, and is not eligible for overtime pay.
Pay gade 526.
FILING DEADLINE DATE
The deadline to apply is April 29, 2021.
The purpose of this classification is to manage the 911 system including address management,
personnel management, contract management, new equipment, ongoing maintenance, and special
projects as they arise.
This classification works under general supervision, independently developing work methods and
Bachelor's degree in Police Studies or another related field; and, a minimum of eight (8) years of Police
and Fire dispatch operation experience; or, an equivalent combination of education, training, and
- Promotes research, planning, training, and education of 911 issues, fosters technological
advancement, and provides resources and networking opportunities to parties involved in delivery
of Enhanced 911
- Develops planning and budgeting for Enhanced 911funding and expenditures
- Maintains ongoing outside quality review and evaluation of 911 call data, address database,
network, hardware, and software and advises Commissioner on necessary action
- Works in process to acquire new technologies relevant to LFUCG 911 system
- Reviews and verifies 911 billing services from landline and wireless providers and authorizes payments to vendors
- Monitors FCC dockets that relate to 911 and regulatory issues as they affect LFUCG • Attends and participates in state and national informational seminars and conferences to stay upto date on new services, technology, equipment, and legislation
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Must be able to operate Urban County Government equipment and vehicles in a safe, prudent and responsible manner.
- All positions require drug testing before employment and may require a post-job offer physical as stated in Ordinances 21-14(b), 22-13 and 23-16.
- Pursuant to the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988 and to sections 21-52, 22-34 and 23-50 of the Code of Ordinances, all employees must remain drug and alcohol free when reporting to work, while at work and while engaged in any work related activities.
- Based on Federal Regulations 19-10 this position may be eligible for and offered the hepatitis vaccinations. In addition, employees will be required to sign a statement stating they have accepted or declined the hepatitis vaccination.
Training and experience evaluation from information provided on the application at filing deadline date.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit LFUCG electronic application through www.lexingtonky.gov/jobs and attach/upload applicable documents to verify your education, training, certification/license(s), or DD214 (for military preference with appropriate discharge) by filing deadline date.
RESUMES CANNOT BE SUBSTITUTED FOR THE APPLICATION, but may be electronically attached/uploaded to the application.
Please note that the section titled "Application Questionnaire" has to be completed every time a new or revised application is submitted. Even if other information is pre-filled, the Questionnaire does not transfer.
***APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO COMPLETE THE ELECTRONIC APPLICATION IN ITS ENTIRETY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FURTHER***
Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government offers an outstanding benefits package, i.e. voluntary benefits spending account program; three weeks vacation and three weeks sick leave per year. Direct Deposit is required of all employees.
Applicants must be able to perform all essential job functions, as identified in the job posting. All positions require drug testing before employment and may require a pre-employment physical.
All applicants on previous eligibility lists for this classification must reapply in order to compete for this and future vacancies which may occur while this eligibility list is in effect.
The LFUCG is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, and as such is committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay and other aspects of employment.
For further information, call, e-mail, or visit:
Division of Human Resources
200 East Main Street
Lexington, KY 40507
Phone: (859) 258-3030
Web site: www.lexingtonky.gov/jobs