Maintenance TechnicianLakeshore Learning Materials
Maintenance Technician Lakeshore Learning Materials is one of the premier manufacturers of educational materials for elementary programs, early childhood organizations and parents around the country. A multichannel organization with a strong sales division, thriving web business, catalogs and 60 store locations nationwide, Lakeshore has experienced continuous growth since its inception in 1954. We attribute our long-term success to the daily contributions of the remarkable individuals who make up our team. We are currently searching for an experienced Maintenance Technician to work full-time at our new 500,000-square-foot distribution center in Midway, Kentucky. Primary responsibilities include preventive maintenance and repair of facility infrastructure including plumbing, electrical and utilities, as well as structural and material-handling equipment. Successful candidates will possess a minimum of 3 years' related experience in a warehouse environment, expertise with hand tools and power tools, and the fitness required to perform a variety of physical tasks both indoors and out.
This position is second shift, Mondays - Fridays 3:30 pm - 12:00 am.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• ·Perform a range of skilled and semi-skilled tasks involved in building maintenance, repair and construction including plumbing, heating, electrical, mechanical, painting and welding
• ·Perform preventive and predictive maintenance on the facility's conveyor system using industry-accepted procedures, plans and manuals
• ·Conduct maintenance and troubleshoot basic electrical and mechanical problems related to all material-handling equipment and components
• ·Maintain and troubleshoot all motors, motor starters, photo eyes, relays, proximity sensors, solenoids, etc. ·Maintain and repair material-handling equipment, racking and shelving
• ·Perform routine maintenance of facility infrastructure, including dock levelers and overhead doors
• ·Ensure forklift batteries have appropriate water levels and are charged in a timely and correct fashion
• ·Assist with janitorial duties as needed
• ·Demonstrate an awareness of and compliance with Loss Prevention and Safety policies
• ·Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
·High school diploma or GED preferred but not required
·Minimum 3 years' experience in warehouse environment or equivalent combination of training, education and experience
·Forklift-certified or willingness to acquire certification
·Ability to walk the facility with frequency and pace both inside and outside, and perform regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
·Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
·Ability to use hand tools and power tools effectively
·Ability to accommodate standard warehouse conditions (small spaces, exposure to dust, fumes and odors, hot/cold temperatures, noise and vibrations, frequent standing, wet or uneven surfaces)
·Ability and willingness to perform limited overtime, including weekends and off-shift hours
·Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
When you join Lakeshore, you're joining hundreds of talented and dedicated individuals who believe that the materials we create really can make a difference. For over 60 years, we've been developing some of the best learning materials in the world products that spark young imaginations, instill a sense of wonder and foster a lifelong love of learning. Products that make it possible for every child to enter school ready to succeed. Products that help children with disabilities make amazing educational strides and join their peers in the classroom. And we know that we couldn't do the incredible things we're doing without the people who are on our team. We're continually making sure we have the right people in place to take us to the next level, and we're always on the lookout for smart and enthusiastic people to join us. If you are a down-to-earth professional who shares our passion and our drive, we'd love to hear from you. Compensation depends on skills and experience. Family-owned and family-friendly, Lakeshore offers excellent medical/dental and vision coverage, 401(k), flexible benefits , plus a generous profit bonus plan, employee discount and casual dress.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer