WEB DEVELOPER, Education TechnologyKET
KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly-regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation. KET has the following full-time position opening at its Lexington Network Center.
REPORTS TO: Manager, Education Technology
• Create & maintain custom code for the management and support of KET Education’s web properties.
• Assist with Learning Management Systems for online courses, including the creation of custom code, coordination with e-commerce systems, and regularly required software maintenance.
• Understand and follow best practices for web design and development.
• Administer third-party systems that interface with KET Education’s web properties.
• Communicate effectively with staff members in other departments to share progress on joint projects.
• Maintain an expert level of skill in web technologies to provide high-quality, standards-compliant programming work.
• Provide web and digital media properties support to the Education Technology team.
• Collaborate with staff members within the education, IT, and Web teams on joint projects, to share knowledge and deploy resources effectively, and to plan and implement new initiatives.
• Perform other duties as assigned. Professional dress required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Experience with WordPress, Linux, and Git is preferred. Experience in developing, administering and maintaining a large-scale website including data migration, backup admin, and security is also preferred. Any experience with Moodle is a plus.
Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Please send KET application, cover letter and resume to: Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502 or e-mail or send via fax to 859-258-7765. Equal Opportunity Employer
Position open until filled.