Info Technology Systems AdministratorKET
Lexington, KY Full-time
Posted on December 3, 2018
Kentucky Educational Television
Info Technology Systems Administrator
- Support and administrate Information Technology systems to deliver robust, reliable, and redundant IT operations for KET’s business, online, and broadcast services, providing excellent user experiences and greater organizational impact.
- Administrate installations, security, operations, and maintenance of IT systems, including all infrastructure components, hardware and software, virtual environments, routers, firewalls, data switches, hubs, cabling, VPN’s, KVM’s, circuits to the internet, video streaming, and other network components.
- Administrate VMWare, Hyper-V, Microsoft Active Directory, MS Servers, Office 365 and its components, IDS systems, Veeam backup systems, cloud-based infrastructure, website servers and infrastructure systems, Linux environments, IT systems within the KET broadcast network, and IP networking (including IP phone systems).
- Administrate network and desktop security to help mitigate breaches, viruses, malware and other intrusions. Monitor, troubleshoot, evaluate and resolve complex issues. Be accessible 24 x 7 x 365 to respond to and solve escalated incidents.
- Liaise with Broadcast Network Administrators, engineers, and production staff to enhance network efficiencies, improve workflows, and solve problems.
- Liaise with Web Developers to manage systems, improve infrastructure, enhance security, and resolve issues.
- Develop and maintain detailed records of IT deployments, hardware refreshes, maintenance, IP addressing, standard operating procedures, system documentation, passwords, software releases, and IT policies.
- Administrate end-user deployment, support, and training for PC and Mac devices (desktop, laptop, tablet, and mobile). Administrate help-desk workflow to solve internal user issues.
- Participate in technical training and research to enable continuous improvement, innovation, and maximized up-time for on-site and off-site staff, vendors, and partners. Help ensure that technology solutions align with organizational objectives, industry standards, technology resources, and applicable statutes and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Professional dress required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Network Administration, or a relevant field, with 3+ years of hands-on experience in IT System/Network Administration; or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Proven experience that can readily be deployed in supporting VMware, Active Directory, Microsoft Server and Office products, cloud services, SaaS, and website server and infrastructure systems. Linux, Perl, PHP, Apache, nGenX experience preferred.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and attention to detail. Be efficient, creative and positive.
- Ability to collaborate, meet deadlines, and deliver on strategic goals, especially during complex and challenging situations. Strong organizational, writing, and verbal skills – along with effective, professional interpersonal communications capacities for the technical and non-technical – are required.
- Moderate physical activity is required; including climbing ladders, handling of average-weight objects up to 70 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Must be available on a flexible schedule and for weekend and overnight travel. Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance always. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
SALARY: Dependent on qualifications and experience
KET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.