Kentucky Educational Television
Now hiring a HR Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for supporting payroll and employee benefit administration, recruiting, orientation, and training programs for KET employees. Additionally, the Human Resources Generalist will enhance the positive work environment and culture that motivates performance improvement by coordinating activities such as service recognition and staff celebrations.
- Process payroll for semi-monthly paydays.
- Maintain and reconcile employee accounts, employer contributions, tax calculations, and accruals.
- Prepare reports and participate in any audits of payroll records and processes.
- Prepare year-end documents related to payroll and benefit programs.
- Maintain documentation and record-keeping for regulatory compliance.
- Monitor data to ensure compliance with payroll related laws and regulations.
- Assist employees with enrollment, changes, and service issues for all state government sponsored employee benefit plans.
- Reconcile deductions and manage retroactive collection processes.
- Coordinate employee events related to benefit programs.
- Maintain personnel and other departmental files to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Coordinate new employee orientation program.
EMPLOYEE PROGRAM ACTIVITIES
- Coordinate staff events including holiday activities, service recognition, employee celebration week, blood drives, etc.
- Participate in company wide events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Preferred candidates will possess A post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
- Functional knowledge and understanding of payroll, benefit administration and general labor laws and regulations required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with state government and public broadcasting
SALARY: Dependent on qualifications and experience.
KET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.