KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation. KET has the following full-time position opening at its Lexington Network Center.
REPORTS TO: Director of Digital Product Development
- Develop, test, deploy, and optimize themes in WordPress and proprietary internal applications.
- Debug performance issues related to front-end technologies.
- Support web optimization through A/B and multivariant testing.
- Deploy Google tracking code using Google Tag Manager.
- Design responsively and with current web-standards and best SEO and accessibility practices.
- Learn KET’s brand standards and ensure that those standards are applied consistently.
- Work closely with back-end developers to take user requirements through the process of scoping, wireframing, development, testing, execution, and maintenance/enhancements.
- Research emerging technologies and make recommendations for how those technologies can improve our current assets.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Professional dress required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, with 3+ years of hands-on experience; or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Familiarity or experience working with SASS, marketing automation platforms (such as Pardot), and AWS preferred.
- Must write logical, clean, well-documented and reusable code. Ability to produce wireframes and mockups to specification, and to internalize brand standards and implement nuanced designs accordingly. Understanding of accessibility best-practices.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at one time and thrive in an agile work environment that relies heavily on project management tools and teamwork.
- Must be available on a flexible schedule and occasionally for weekend of off-hour maintenance work. Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance always. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Please send KET application, cover letter and resume to: Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502 or e-mail, or send via fax to 859-258-7765. Equal Opportunity Employer
Position open until filled.