Kentucky Educational Television
Kentucky Educational Television has the following full-time position opening at the Network Center in Lexington:
- Perform facility/physical plant maintenance and improvements at the Lexington Network Center, Frankfort, and Louisville locations.
- Under direction of the Facilities Coordinator, maintain HVAC, mechanical, security, and safety systems and address alarms and problems. Assist with HVAC maintenance & repair, including coordination of preventive maintenance schedules for all systems. Assist with generator testing and preventive maintenance schedules. Help maintain records, schedules, and associated files for all systems.
- Under direction of the Facilities Coordinator, assist with plumbing and electrical issues, including adds, moves, and changes; building construction, such as: drywall installation and finish, framing, painting, floor tile installation, and suspended ceiling installation; perform office moves.
- Assist in event setup, monitoring, and tear-down.
- Assist with the monitoring of facilities and apply best practices to ensure efficiency, continuous improvement, and innovation.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Professional dress required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma/GED with at least five years’ related experience. General knowledge of industrial plumbing, electrical, safety, security, mechanical, and HVAC systems, as well as these systems’ associated computer-based user interfaces.
- Experience in building construction and renovation.
- General knowledge of OSHA standards, and state and local building codes.
- Physical activity is required including climbing ladders, handling of average-weight objects up to 70 pounds, and standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Must be available on a flexible schedule and for occasional weekend and overnight work.
- Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance always.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
SALARY: Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Please send KET application (found at www.ket.org/careers-internships), cover letter and résumé to: Employment and Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502, email or send via fax to
Position Open Until Filled EOE