Kentucky Educational Television
KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation. KET has the following full-time position opening in Lexington.
• Assists producers, directors, videographers and audio techs in securing gear for various field productions. Ensures equipment is in proper working order, coordinating and communicating with engineering team regarding scheduling maintenance and upkeep. Makes sure production gear is stored properly. Oversees studio organization and readiness.
• Keeps and maintains accurate inventory of audio and video field equipment. Performs annual inventory audit of gear.
• Operates professional studio and field cameras for live and recorded productions. Proficiently uses camera settings, filters and lenses in field production.
• Works with the Production Manager and Directors on the studio lighting dimmers system and assists in hanging and focusing studio lighting instruments as needed.
• Performs as liaison between Production Operations, Technology, and Finance and Administration offices.
• Fills out purchase orders and other paperwork for audio/video equipment purchases.
• Keeps current on latest production equipment and recommends future purchases.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in Broadcasting with at least (3) years of professional experience in broadcast production and videography; or the equivalent combination of education, training, or experience.
• Ability to work in a deadline driven environment in an efficient, creative, and positive manner.
• Technical experience in digital video production, specifically with professional HD cameras, audio, grip, and lighting equipment is required.
• Experience with various camera platforms (Steadicam, jib, slider, etc.) is preferred.
• Strong communications and professional interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Availability for flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
• Ability to carry production equipment (up to 40 pounds).
• A valid driver’s license is required.
Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Please send KET application, cover letter and resume to:
Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Drive,
Lexington, KY 40502
or e-mail, or send via fax to 859-258-7766. Position open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer