Senior Director of Marketing & Communications
- Lead the creation and execution of marketing campaigns, including development of creative briefs, tactical plans, timelines, budgets, campaign creative, and delivery channels in support of the agency’s integrated marketing plan.
- Direct the planning, research, messaging, design, and distribution of marketing campaigns on multiple channels – advertising, promotion, PR, collateral, sales concepts, digital communications, events, trade shows, Visions magazine, corporate communications – with integrated approaches across channels, products, and programs assuring alignment with overall agency brand messaging, marketing plan, and creative identity.
- Infuse a culture of continuous improvement through leading-edge digital and traditional tactics, ongoing evaluation and strengthening of KET’s marketing and PR practices, and staff professional development. Lead marketing/communication staff to develop compelling campaigns that support agency needs and strategies. Identify trends, best practices and opportunities for alternative strategies and programs.
- Plan and execute campaign budgets and tracks costs. Evaluate research regarding demographics and market trends in order to implement efficient marketing tactics.
- Supervise employees in the marketing/communication department, including advertising, promotion, CRM, communications, public relations, and listings coordinators, as well as the staff photographer, contractors and vendors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with agency’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include internal communication, team-building, interviewing, recommending for hire, coaching, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for promotion and content marketing on the KET website, and on platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media services.
- Determine the appropriate use of and direct vendors, including advertising agencies, digital product developers, and off-site print production, in order to advance agency goals.
- Advance marketing automation and analytics to improve ROI.
- Use available tools and data to evaluate effectiveness of all aspects of marketing and communicate and recommend changes to strategies and tactics.
- Collaborate with the Sr. Director of Marketing, Director of Design, Online Content Manager, and On-Air Promotion Manager to develop consistent, coordinated marketing across all marketing channels.
- Maintain relationships with state and national media and serve as secondary spokesperson for KET. Authorize articles and interviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Professional dress required.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related discipline; and 10+ years of related experience, including 5+ years managing or supervising teams; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Public broadcasting experience a plus.
- Exceptional creative, writing and editing skills
- A proven record of complex, multi-channel, creatively brilliant marketing campaigns that exceed quantifiable goals
- Proficiency in project management, execution and delivery, providing creative direction and tracking progress against objectives. Ability to direct multiple, high-visibility, high-urgency projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong understanding of and experience in change management, idea creation, employee development, coaching, and cross-team effectiveness. Demonstrated leadership in fostering continuous learning, empowerment, involvement, and opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills with internal and external stakeholders, staff, and vendors.
- Ability to establish an independent view, effectively collaborate in decision-making, and motivate others, especially during complex and challenging situations.
- Ability to provide inspiration. Demonstrated ability to collaborate and partner internally to identify, prioritize, and deliver on strategic goals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, WordPress, email marketing systems, social media platforms. CRM experience preferred.
Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Please send state application, cover letter, and resume.
Position will remain open until filled
KET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.