Press Brake OperatorKentuckiana Comfort Center
Louisville, KY Full-time
Posted on September 16, 2019
- Receives work instructions, prints and routers for the job.
- Utilize measuring devices such as protractor, vernier calipers, micrometer, thickness gage, machinist square, etc. to check and verify accuracy of work.
- Knowledge of press brake operation and material limitations.
- Performs operator daily maintenance of machine and tooling as required.
- Knowledge of press brake tooling and tooling applications.
- Shall be responsible for setting up press brake tooling.
- Shall be responsible for programming the operation of a CNC press brake.
- Thorough understanding of press brake and heavy machinery safety.
- Thorough understanding of sheet metal handling safety.
- Capable of reading part drawings and understanding tolerance requirements.
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds without the use of lifting equipment.
- Capable of setting ram pressure and adjustment to assure correct die clearance due to metal thickness as indicated by measurement devices.
- Must be capable of understanding and operating press brake controls and can stand for extended periods of time.
- May be required to obtain a fork truck drivers’ license.
- Reporting machine and tooling problems to Team Leader.
- May be required to assist maintenance in the repair of press brake.
- Maintenance and safeguarding personal protective equipment. Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Stopping unsafe acts.
- Other duties as assigned by Team Leader.
- Recommend drawing changes, equipment changes or improvements, reduce setup time and tooling costs
- Metal forming training/apprenticeship
- Must be capable of using common measuring equipment for sheet metal.
- Work involves varying degrees of precision and control where damage could be caused by lack of required skills.
- Accident hazards can involve lifting injuries, cuts, electrical shock, and in severe cases, amputation. The work area must be examined before and monitored during work to maintain a clean and safe environment to prevent injury to self and others.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Requires bending, stooping and standing.
- Must be able to stand from six (6) to eight (8) hours per day. (Overtime may extend time period).
- Good visual and spatial perception