Maintenance TechnicianKentuckiana Comfort Center
Kentuckiana Curb Company, Inc. d/b/a KCC Manufacturing, an employee owned heating and cooling manufacturer and metal fabricator located in Jeffersontown, Kentucky is advertising an opening for the following position: Industrial Maintenance Technician.
Function: Performs installation, maintenance, trouble-shooting, and repair of equipment, machinery, and plant facilities.
- Work Safely and maintain personal protection equipment, and assist in maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- Performs maintenance tasks and repair of equipment in accordance with maintenance schedules for equipment and machinery and as required by production demands for service. Adhere to Lock out/Tag out procedures on all equipment.
- Assists as required with outside contractors for maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Tests newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications. (Validation of equipment per Plant Engineer)
- Provides safety briefings for contractors as required by plant engineer. This includes special machine repair technicians, installers/riggers, and maintenance personnel.
- Recommend specific training as required to maintain certification requirements.
- Ensures plant safety equipment is ready to meet requirements and is properly maintained and inspected as required by the plant engineer or safety officer. This would include fire safety equipment, lifting devices, and environmental monitoring equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings, mechanical drawings and welding symbols and work with voltages up to 575V.
- Responsible for the installation and relocation of plant equipment. This includes installation of required electric, gas, and water as applicable. May require moderate to complex fabrication ability.
- Recommends and maintains adequate materials and repair parts to provide for the
recommended maintenance and lubrication of plant equipment.
- Inspect plant protection systems and services to adequately protect the industrial plant and its occupants.
- Record keeping for all plant machines and equipment downtime as required.
- Provide assistance in part prototyping as required by plant engineer.
- Maintain industrial plant facilities.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and stand on concrete floors for extended periods.
- May be required to operate motorized equipment such as fork trucks or personnel lifting equipment as necessary to accomplish maintenance tasks.
- Technical degree or Certification (s) in Electronics Technology, Electrical Certification (Journeyman, Master, or Contractor), Industrial Maintenance Technology (preferred)
- Electrical, Mechanical, and Hydraulic Trouble-shooting ability.
- An in-depth knowledge of preventative and predictive maintenance techniques and programs
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA requirements as they pertain to the industrial use of maintenance equipment and chemicals (cleaners& lubricants).
- Working knowledge of Electrical Safety, use of maintenance equipment and tools.
- Fabrication and welding skill is desirable.
- Ability to use measurement devices such as multimeters, calipers, amp meters, etc.
- Ability to read Mechanical Prints, electrical schematics, and ladder diagrams.
- Knowledge of Stamping, Metal forming, and Metal Fabrication involving welding is highly desirable.