HVAC JourneymanKentuckiana Comfort Center
Function: The Commercial Production Journeyman is responsible for performing a wide range of HVAC activities for commercial and residential customers. Customer based activities require an individual possessing traits of decisiveness, initiative, tact, judgment, integrity, dependability and the ability to communicate in a technically credible manner. Daily job stress will run from minimal to extreme, based on varying factors of weather, site conditions, time constraints, travel requirements and customer needs.
- Carry out duties assigned by the Supervisor.
- Improve job knowledge through on the job training, self-study, and formal training.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all Company policies and procedures.
- Complete all forms and paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Leading by example while serving as a member of an installation team displaying timely, efficient and profitable accomplishment of assigned jobs and tasks.
- Performing special or complicated installation activities without assistance, including performing periodic on-call duties as required.
- Conducting quality control inspections of installation jobs, monitoring the technical progress of newly assigned employees.
- Performing related duties as directed by the Supervisor.
- Ordering all job materials and coordinating the timely delivery of same.
- Report to jobsite and get crew started promptly.
- Assisting the Supervisor in the planning, organizing, motivating, controlling of human and other resources in support of jobs, assignments and goals.
- Training employees on installation related subjects and procedures.
- Turnkey on-site management of all projects assigned to them including all facets of work, even those not being directly performed by them.
- Coordination with other trades and Sub-Contractors on projects without assistance to resolve minor problems, conflicts, etc.
- Prepare material requisition forms for project needs.
- Accurately record all materials received and/or returned.
- Install HVAC equipment and systems utilizing the skills and quality standards as directed by Company policies and procedures.
- Act as a materials runner when so instructed by the Supervisor.
- Follow instructions and directions of the Supervisor in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure company property, vehicles, and tools are being used, maintained, secured and accounted for properly, timely and safely.
- Follow the Company’s policies regarding:
a). Quality Control
- b) In customer’s home/business conduct
- c) Appearance and hygiene
- d) Driver Safety
- e) Job Safety
- f) Fleet Maintenance
- g) Refrigeration Policy
- Ability to read and understand documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals/instructions and procedure manuals, plan and specifications.
- Must be capable of using common tools for sheet metal, such as snips, hammers, etc., on a continual daily basis.
- Must be able to calculate figures and amounts as required for both paperwork and formulas relating to job function.
- Ability to work efficiently given time pressures, heavy workload requirements, weather, varying customer needs and demands and back log constraints.
- The ability to clearly communicate with customers, suppliers and company personnel.
- Interest and initiative in maintaining HVAC skills through a combination of self-study, corporate training, workshops and other development activities.
- Current driver’s license.
- Ability to work confidently, safely and efficiently at varying heights.
- Be willing to travel including out of town stays to complete projects.
- Maintain HVAC License.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Repetitive motion involved on a daily basis may include, but not limited to bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, reaching, climbing and squatting.
- Requires bending, stooping, standing, balance, walk, twist and squat in order to access construction and equipment areas in order to complete construction/service tasks.
4.. Must be able to stand from six (6) to eight (8) hours per day. (Overtime may extend time period.)
- Must be able to handle heavy objects such as ladders, tools, equipment and other items needed to perform job function.
6 Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolding.
- Good visual and spatial perception.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions.
Management retains the discretion to add, change, or assign other work-related duties or responsibilities of this position at any time.