CNC Laser OperatorKentuckiana Comfort Center
Louisville, KY Full-time
Posted on September 16, 2019
- Verify all equipment safety features are operating properly at beginning of shift; report any features that are not working properly to shift leader.
- Observe & Comply with all PPE & other safety requirements.
- Review work instructions, prints and routers for each job.
- Set up and operate machine in accordance with procedures.
- Utilize measuring devices such as protractor, vernier calipers, micrometer, thickness gage, machinist square, etc. to check and verify accuracy of work.
- Work with shift leader and others to maximize productivity & efficiency.
- Performs operator preventive maintenance of machine and tooling as required.
- May be required to program the operation of a CNC press brake.
- Thorough understanding of laser and heavy machinery SAFETY.
- Thorough understanding of sheet metal handling SAFETY.
- Capable of reading part drawings and understanding tolerance requirements.
- Capable of safely lifting 50 pounds without the use of lifting equipment.
- Must be capable of understanding and operating laser controls
- Can stand for extended periods of time.
- Will be required to obtain a fork truck drivers’ license.
- Report machine and tooling problems to supervisor.
- May be required to assist maintenance in the repair of laser.
- Maintenance of and safeguarding of personal protective equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Identifying and eliminating unsafe acts.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Recommend drawing changes, equipment changes or improvements, reduce setup time and tooling costs.
- Must be capable of using common measuring equipment for sheet metal.
- Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings and process instructions.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to distinguish material types; including aluminum, stainless steel, carbon steel.
- Demonstrated reliability; i.e. attendance, process conformance.
- Willingness to participate in continuous improvement activities.
- 2 years CNC machine experience
- Associates degree in Mechanical Technology
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Requires bending, stooping and standing.
- Must be able to stand from six (6) to eight (8) hours pr day. (Overtime may extend time period.)
- Good visual and spatial perception.