Director of Sales and MarketingHoliday Inn Express and Suites
HOLIDAY INN & SUITES LEXINGTON DOWNTOWN AREA/KEENELAND
Director of Sales and Marketing, Lexington, KY.
What’s the job? As Sales & Marketing Director you’ll develop and implement strategies to ensure revenue and room night sales goals are achieved, tactical plans are created and implemented and results are monitored and achieved.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
•Identifies and solicits new accounts.
•Monitors competition activity.
•Maintains existing accounts.
•Conducts outside sales calls.
•Receive calls to the Sales office and directs to the appropriate person/department.
•Achieves monthly revenue booking goals.
•Completes daily/weekly/monthly reports.
•Maintains Sales account files.
•Maintain inventory of Sales collateral, supplies and amenities.
•Responsible for following instructions and performing work as assigned by General Manager/Ownership.
- Interact with outside contacts: guests, vendors, and other contacts as needed
- Develop and maintain great working relationships with key clients and outside contacts to increase revenue
- Hit all personal/team sales goals and maximize profitability
- Help prepare the departmental budget and financial plans including the hotel marketing plan
- Create and implement sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase volume, food and beverage and banquet sales
- Produce monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyze current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan
- Review monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyze current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Create and develop special events and sales blitzes to showcase the hotel to potential clients. Attend trade shows and major market events locally and nationally to promote new business and increase sales and marketing opportunities for the hotel.
- Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programs, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience
- Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients
- Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information requirements and special needs for arriving VIP’s, large groups, and other key guests
- Lead marketing efforts to up sell guests on hotel services, offerings, and amenities
- Work closely with key business leaders, officials, and representatives of local community groups within the city to ensure constant high-profile exposure for the hotel
- Effectively communicate and market aspects of the hotel that are sustainable or “green” and use information to gain new business opportunities
- Work with advertising agencies, consulting firms, and vendors to maximize advertising investments and ensure ads represent brand identity
- Raise the awareness and reputation of your hotel and the brand locally – occasionally acting as hotel representative for media related inquiries
- Identify improvements to marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with other departments
- Ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
This is the top sales and marketing job in a major flagship hotel. Hotel may have multiple sites and facilities, high-volume catering and/or convention facilities, and a large number of VIP and special service guests.
What we need from you
- Strong knowledge of local businesses and business trends required
- Must speak local language(s)
- Other languages preferred
How do I deliver this?
We genuinely care about people and we show this through living out our promise of True Hospitality each and every day. It’s what connects every colleague in all hotels.
Each hotel delivers True Hospitality in their own way, and at the heart of it all are specific, core service skills.
- True Attitude: being caring, wanting to make a positive difference, and building genuine connections with guests
- True Confidence: having the knowledge and skills to perform your role, and giving guests the confidence that they can trust you, to help and support them during their stay
- True Listening: focusing on what your guest is saying, picking up on body language that is often overlooked, and understanding what the guest wants and needs
- True Responsiveness: is about providing guests with what they need, and doing so in a timely and caring manner
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
Email resume or contact: William Walker, Director of Operations, MKP Management, Ph: (606) 599-6408