KY STEM Apprenticeship Program ManagerHazard Community & Technical College
Hazard Community & Technical College
KY STEM Apprentice Program Manager
Hazard Community and Technical College invites applications for the position of KY STEM Apprentice Program Manager. This position will execute and control the Kentucky STEM Apprenticeship Program. Meet with high school students and parents, local schools boards, college personnel and industry partners to develop the 3-year STEM Apprenticeship program. This position is funded with grant dollars.
The responsibilities for this position will include, but not be limited to:
• Manage Federal grant award from U.S. Department of Education totaling $627,000.
• Assist employer partners, schools, and education providers to identify skills training streams relevant to industry needs and future employment opportunities.
• Build interest within the student body and their families/care givers regarding KTECH opportunities.
• Develop a robust student/apprentice mentor program.
• Coordinate work experience placements.
• Manage the organization and communication for all steering committee meetings.
• Facilitate industry-stakeholder visits.
• Ensure adherence to project objectives as specified in the grant and timely deliverables.
• Manage print and social media.
• Assist with the formal evaluation process with industry, mentors, teachers and students.
• Prepare contractual reports.
• Work with pre-apprenticeship programs, such as TRACK.
This position requires applicants to have a Bachelors degree plus 2 years related experience or equivalent.
Applicants must also have:
• Superior communication and collaboration skills.
• A minimum of three years project management experience, including grants.
• Ability to work in a professional manner across a spectrum of audiences, including k-12.
• Ability to organize and work independently with multiple priorities and tight deadlines.
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of; race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information. Further, we vigilantly prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor.