Student Records Coordinator, Graduate Programs
The George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School’s Records Office seeks a detailed oriented, motivated, energetic person to work with graduate program students and alumni (JM/LLM), faculty, and staff for the matriculation, scheduling, registration, graduation, and records office needs of graduate program students. The Student Records Coordinator, Graduate Programs will report to the Associate Registrar for the Law School, with a dotted line report to the Associate Dean for Strategic Initiatives.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
About the School:
George Mason University’s Antonin Scalia Law School is located in Arlington, VA, just two miles from downtown Washington, D.C. Antonin Scalia Law School is a Top 50 law school. A relatively young law school, Scalia Law offers students an opportunity to pursue a JD, JM, or an LLM.
About the Department:
The Student Records Office at the George Mason University, Antonin Scalia Law School is located on the campus in Arlington, Virginia. It solely serves the law school community providing direct support to students, faculty, staff and alumni with regard to academic matters, from course registration through graduation. It is responsible for the maintenance and processing of student records in compliance with all applicable privacy policies and regulations.
- Plan and create courses and schedules and register students for the graduate (non-JD) programs as directed;
- Prepare exam materials and process exam results for graduate program students;
- Work with the law school’s partner for graduate online programs in processing exam results and grades;
- Implement exam accommodations for graduate students granted disability accommodations;
- Prepare transcripts, verify requests, good standing and enrollment letters, prepare and track requests for bar exam documentation, track bar passage rates, and record updates and corrections for the graduate program student records;
- Serve as point of contact in the Student Records Office for the Graduate Programs department of the law school and will be responsible for running reports and gathering information from Banner on all graduate program students;
- Serve as point of contact in the Student Records Office for all graduate program students and will be responsible for handling all matters related to graduate student records and requests; and
- Other related tasks as assigned.
This is a full-time non-supervisory classified position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Computer and database skills; and
- Customer service skills.
- Experience with INB Banner, ExamSoft, CourseLeaf Scheduling systems, MicroStrategy, and/or Excel; and
- Experience in Higher education.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 03191Z at https://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.