Office Specialist (529461)
Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes $9.8 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded over 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU @ I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and has over 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking an Office Specialist to join our team of professionals.
- Organizes various Educational Seminar Series, Faculty Meetings, and other educational meetings. Provides Continuing Medical Education (CME) applications and finance & travel documentation to speakers. Ensures biography, photo and any other documentation is received, completed in its entirety, and forwarded to respective departments.
- Composes and/or prepares a wide variety of materials and presentations for the assigned department faculty and staff. Edits content and adds appropriate graphic and design elements.
- Performs clerical duties to include answering telephone calls, filing and data entry. Assists with internet research, compiling data and creating spreadsheets.
- Assists with scheduling and coordinating conferences, meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements for assigned department faculty and clinical staff.
- Creates save the dates, notifications, invitations, agendas, list of attendees, and coordinates catering orders for all educational meetings.
- Creates, processes and tracks departmental purchases in respect to educational initiatives and for assigned faculty and clinical staff.
- Creates student schedules for the psychiatry rotation for both International Medical Students and Master in Physician Assistant Studies programs.
- Organizes the Psychiatry Observed Interviews and meetings for the medical students who are interested in psychiatry. Ensures meeting calendar invites are up to par and confirms meetings appointments prior to day of scheduled meeting.
- Maintains records of orders and inventory and follows up with vendors on shipment and delivery for educational initiatives.
- Maintains strong relationships with faculty and staff by handling questions and concerns with speed and professionalism.
- Travels to The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health (DOPBH) affiliated sites
- Performs other related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties do not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Works directly with and/or resides with minors and/or vulnerable persons.
High school diploma or GED and five (5) years of office or related experience providing administrative support or coordinating functions of an office or department.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOB ID: 529461 Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
Florida Statute 1010.35 - Screening Foreign Researchers
Pursuant to Florida law, any citizen of a foreign county who is not a permanent resident of the U.S., or who is a citizen or permanent resident but is affiliated with or has had at least 1 year of employment or training in China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, or Syria is subject to additional screening. Applicants meeting those criteria will be required to provide the following information in the application: every institution of higher education attended; all previous employment since the applicant’s 18th birthday; list of all published material, current and pending research funding from any source, including details about the research, your role, funding source, and amount; list and description of any non-university professional activities; any affiliation with an institution or program in a foreign country; a complete copy of your passport; the most recently submitted DS-160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application).
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.