Financial Analyst I (528307)
Financial Analyst I
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Financial Analyst I to join our team of professionals.
- Assists with the design of financial spreadsheets used for forecasting, annual budgeting and monthly variance analysis.
- Assist the Finance Manager with all aspects of budget preparations including organization of department budget packages, meetings, and various analysis.
- Performs budgetary transactions for the College of Medicine, including the generation of Smart Bills, Journals IDs and budget amendments.
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations and other balance sheet account reconciliations. Compiles all supporting documentation for review.
- Runs queries and reports such as the trandata, PDR, and other FIU reports.
- Performs data entry and other office functions including maintaining records, logs, and files.
- Processing accounting transactions that may include invoices, deposits, payroll transfers, and vouchers.
- Assist the Financial Planning unit to gather invoices from PantherSoft to submit reimbursements for DSO funds on a monthly basis.
- Performs other related duties as required or directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and 1 to 3 years of related experience preferred.
Ability to demonstrate advanced experience with Microsoft Excel such as ability to create and manipulate Pivot Tables, Vlookups and other "function" related formulas.
Academic Education experience preferred.
PeopleSoft (PS) general ledger, and PS Query Manager and Business Intelligence experience is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOB ID: 528307.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.