Coordinator of Administrative Services - Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (528548)
Coordinator of Admin Services
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Coordinator of Administrative Services to join our team of professionals.
- Provides administrative support to the Manager of Administrative Services, including coordination of schedules and room reservations. Prepares agendas, presentations, and minutes for department meetings and activities. Serves as the back up to the Manager of Administrative Services.
- Communicates with clinical sites and preceptors to facilitate new affiliation agreements and renewals. Submits HWCOM agreement template for approval. Collects certificate of liability insurance for all active clinical sites.
- Coordinates project-oriented activities for the didactic and clinical phases of the program, including but not limited to, room reservations and the placement of clinical students.
- Composes and/or prepares correspondence, memoranda, promotional materials, forms, files, manuals, and reports using appropriate word processing and spreadsheet tools.
- Coordinates mileage reimbursements and creates expense reports for faculty conducting off campus clinical site visits.
- Supports departmental projects and reporting efforts. Collects program data for quality improvement initiatives and ongoing assessment.
- Responsible for the submission of Appointment, Promotion, and Tenure packets for community-based faculty appointments for clinical preceptors. Collects all required documents and maintains repository for tracking purposes.
- Coordinates the purchase of office supplies, shipping labels, business cards, and other materials. Responsible for submitting Finance 360 requests. Communicates with vendors to facilitate the FIU vendor registration process.
- Performs other related duties as required or directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree and two (2) years of office or related experience providing administrative support, or coordinating functions of an office or department.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOB ID: 528548.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.