Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes $9.8 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded over 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU @ I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and has over 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Budget Manager to join our team of professionals.
- Oversees the reporting and forecasting of revenue & expenses for funds assigned utilizing advanced techniques, comprehensive knowledge, and specialized analysis to assist in development of strategic plans and long-term forecasts.
- Manages the operational analysis and reporting for foundation accounts. Collaborates with the Development team in the creation of new projects and activity numbers, as well as managing the operational budget for these projects.
- Evaluates new business proposals including pricing structure of revenue generators, cost estimates, and capital requirements.
- Coordinates and consolidates the annual operating budget within area of responsibility.
- Manages the timely dissemination of monthly reporting packages for all Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM) units and executive leadership. Serves as a liaison with financial staff across HWCOM departments and centrally in preparation and analysis of financial reports.
- Provides direct support to the HWCOM Finance & Administration leadership team in the preparation of detailed financial reports used in presentations to senior management. Reports include department budgets, monthly variance reports, payroll analysis and other ad-hoc reports.
- Supervises assigned personnel including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisal, promotions, and vacation schedules as required. Provides guidance and training on budgeting, forecasting and other financial activities for the college.
- Serves as the Procard Approver for departmental transactions. Assures compliance and adherence to University credit card policies and procedures. Handles sensitive cardholder information and/or processes credit cards transactions.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned by supervisor. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree in related discipline and four (4) years of experience in associated discipline or Master's degree and two (2) years of experience in related field.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Adaptive Planning Software for data analysis.
- Knowledge of Peoplesoft.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOB ID: 525973. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
Florida Statute 1010.35 - Screening Foreign Researchers
Pursuant to Florida law, any citizen of a foreign county who is not a permanent resident of the U.S., or who is a citizen or permanent resident but is affiliated with or has had at least 1 year of employment or training in China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, or Syria is subject to additional screening. Applicants meeting those criteria will be required to provide the following information in the application: every institution of higher education attended; all previous employment since the applicant’s 18th birthday; list of all published material, current and pending research funding from any source, including details about the research, your role, funding source, and amount; list and description of any non-university professional activities; any affiliation with an institution or program in a foreign country; a complete copy of your passport; the most recently submitted DS-160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application).
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.