#526719 Program Coordinator
Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes $9.8 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded over 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU @ I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and has over 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Program Coordinator to join our team of professionals.
- Coordinates student rotations within the selective and collaborates with the Office of Medical Education to ensure appropriate scheduling of courses. Works with the students to ensure completion of all course-related activities.
- Collaborates with the Emergency Medicine Selective faculty to develop the resources and content of the clerkship, and to ensure compliance with the goals and objectives of the medical school and the policies of the Curriculum Committee. Works with clinical faculty and hospital staff to ensure efficiency of the clerkships at each site.
- Assists with the development of training programs for voluntary clinical faculty participating in the Emergency Medicine clerkship.
- Participates in the preparation of Liaison Committee for Medical Education (LCME) accreditation materials when necessary for his/her department.
- Assists with medical student participation in simulated learning activities at the Modesto A. Maidique Campus. Assists in preparation of simulated cases and incorporates new clinical material as required, and collating evaluations. Ensures compliance with HWCOM policies and procedures and institutional objectives.
- Monitors E*Value (evaluation software) for student compliance with required cases and evaluation submission. Monitors the performance of each student and compiles appropriate written documentation for the individual Course Directors and the Strand Leader for Clinical Medicine. Uses data to create both short- and long-term reports and trend analysis.
- Works with faculty to familiarize residents, graduate students, and postdoctoral trainees with clerkship objectives and with their respective roles in teaching and evaluating students. Serves as liaison to the faculty and clinical site administration to ensure efficient operation of the course.
- Prepares teaching materials and teaching schedules for the course in a timely fashion. Maintains a common template appearance of materials, as well as the accuracy and timeliness of curriculum materials on Canvas Med. Maintains an understanding of the curricular goals, policies, and standards of the course, departments, and medical school, as well as an understanding of current practices in academic medicine.
- Manages data of student grades and ensures accuracy of submission. Schedules student learning activities. Plans meetings and conference calls.
- Provides administrative support to the Associate Dean of Graduate Medical Education (GME)/Chair of Emergency Medicine and Critical Care by maintaining the calendar, managing travel arrangements, and coordinating the department’s meetings and special events. Always maintains confidentiality.
- Acts as a liaison for medical students, residents, faculty, program directors, departmental chairs, and representatives of other educational institutions to ensure efficient operation of the clerkship. Acts as a resource for the policies and procedures of HWCOM. Provides assistance to students by informing them about residencies within our affiliates. Assists with the Graduate Medical Education program and activities as needed.
- Attends Clinical Educators and Curriculum Committee meetings as necessary.
- Travels between Modesto A. Maidique campus and respective clinical site(s) as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOB ID: 526719. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.