Enterprise Applications Engineer
The Office of Information Technology at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking an Enterprise Applications Engineer – Boca Raton, FL.
The Enterprise Applications Engineer serves as a technical expert and, along with the team, owns a portfolio of SaaS, custom and on-premise applications.
The Enterprise Applications Engineer participates in interactions with end users, vendors, management, and developers with the purpose of gaining an understanding of various applications used at the University.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Works closely with the Software Development team, setting up environments so these are ready for development. This may include but it is not limited to, installing and configuring: apache, tomcat, nginx, ruby, IIS, .Net Framework, Oracle clients, SQL clients, MYSQL clients and learns about other development environment tools like docker, Jenkins, etc.
- Is comfortable with both Linux and Microsoft server operating system environments.
- Installs, configures, and maintains all components of multi-tier enterprise applications installed on-premises, in a private cloud, or public cloud.
- Works closely with the Systems Administration team and assists with the migration of applications from on-premises and cloud Linux/Microsoft servers to new upgraded environments. Applications may be custom, or vendor owned.
- Works with the Cyber Security team ensuring that applications have the right firewall permissions in place and are securely deployed.
- Troubleshoots application incidents and monitors applications to ensure they are healthy. In addition, reports detailed software bugs to the Software Development team when encountered.
- Working with the team, maintains and is the administrator for select Enterprise Software as a Service (SaaS), and local platforms and applications. This may include applications like Hyland Onbase, iPaaS Snaplogic, Appworx, CA Harvest Change Manager, Webfocus, Banner, etc.
- Works on incidents, service requests, change requests and projects, communicating with university users when necessary, using the Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) platform.
- Works directly with vendor support to migrate, upgrade or troubleshoot applications maintained by the Enterprise Applications team.
- Uses proper change management methods to ensure all changes to applications do not disrupt the business or are of minimal impact.
- Works with Software Development and Systems to create sandbox/test environments for evaluation purposes.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and three years of appropriate experience required.
For more information and to apply, visit www.fau.edu/jobs and go to Apply Now REQ13111.
Florida Atlantic University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/equal access institution and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status or other protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711.
FAU is committed to the principles of engaged teaching, research and service. All persons aspiring to achieve excellence in the practice of these principles are encouraged to apply.