Deputy SheriffFayette County Sheriff
Office of the Fayette County Sheriff
Join Our Team!
Seeking qualified applicants for:
*Certified Court Security Officer
Progressive Pay Scale Excellent Benefit Package
Filing Deadline: Feb. 28, 2018 by 4:00pm
The position of Deputy Sheriff includes being certified as a Kentucky Peace Officer. The position also includes, but is not limited to, challenging work in the area of law enforcement, warrant service, domestic violence service and enforcement of protective orders, court security service, process service and extradition proceedings. The position of Certified Court Security Officer includes but is not limited to, challenging work in the area of court security, process service, transportation of prisoners and extradition proceedings. The position of Communications Officer includes but is not limited to, operating computer-aided dispatch equipment, answering a multi-line phone system, monitoring court locations, input and retrieval of data, processing and entering data into NCIC,& monitoring the status of on duty units. The position of Victim Advocate requires a bachelor's degree in social work, sociology, psychology or other related human services field or 4 years of experience in the criminal justice system. Minimum
1. Must be at least 21 years of age.
2. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
3. Must have high school diploma or GED.
4. Must have a valid driver's license & be able to operate a vehicle.
5. Must be an orderly and law-abiding citizen, & a person of sobriety and integrity.
6. Must have excellent communication skills.
7. Must be able to work rotating shifts, wkends & holidays.
8. Must be able to meet minimum professional standards as set by state statute.
9. See application packet for other requirements.
*An application for these positions may be picked up at Office of the Fayette County Sheriff
150 N. Limestone, Ste 265, Lexington, KY 40507 or
If you have applied within the last 12 mo., you need not re-apply, applications are on file.