Engineering Architectural Supervisor - 903740
Engineering Architectural Supervisor
Vacancy #: 903740
Recruitment Range: $46,932 - $126,510
Anticipated Hiring Range: $86,611 - $116,208
Closing Date: 06/12/2023
Organizational Unit Overview
Facilities Engineering & Architectural Services (FEAS) is a department within the Campus Operations Division of Administration and Finance. FEAS is responsible for development of the real property of the University to support the mission of teaching, research, public service, and patient care. All the traditional services of urban planners, architects, engineers, and other environmental design disciplines are procured and managed by this department.
Key departmental responsibilities include the design and construction of new buildings, renovations of existing facilities, management and implementation of the University’s master plan, utility infrastructure masterplan, and management of the University’s repair and renovation program.
The primary purpose of this position is three-fold and includes the following:
- Serves as a senior member of the FEAS Leadership Team;
- Serves as an Assistant Director supervising subordinate engineers and architects and acting as technical or subject matter experts for the Department;
- Serves as a project manager independently managing Capital Projects of any size on behalf of the University.
Engineer Supervisor: Bachelor’s degree in the engineering discipline related to the area of assignment and two years of related engineering experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience. Architect Supervisor: Bachelor’s degree related to the area of assignment and two years of related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience. Licensed to practice architecture or landscape architecture by the North Carolina Board of Architecture or the North Carolina Board of Landscape Architects. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or architectural discipline and 8 years progressive experience in architecture or engineering. Prefer experience supervising subordinate engineers and/or architects and acting as technical or subject matter experts. Architects and landscape architects are required to be licensed to practice architecture or landscape architecture by the NC Board of Architecture or the NC Board of Landscape Architecture, respectively. Engineers for this position are preferred to be licensed as a Registered Professional Engineer by the NC Board of Registration for Engineers and Land Surveyors. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
License or Certification required by the Department
Valid NC Driver’s License
Special Instructions to Applicant
- Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application. Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
- If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
- Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
For more information and to apply, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by the closing date of 06/12/2023 to be considered. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy #903740 to ECU Human Resources at www.jobs.ecu.edu.
Eligibility for Employment
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. If highest degree earned is from an institution outside of the U.S. and its territories, final candidates are required to have their degree validated as equivalent to the degree conferred by a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/62157