Journeyman LinemanCity of Berea
The City of Berea is accepting applications for Journeyman Lineman.
This position performs skilled work in the construction, maintenance and repair of OH and UD energized electric distribution lines.
The City of Berea is accepting applications for the position of Journeyman Lineman in the Electric division of the Utilities department. This position performs skilled work in the construction, maintenance, and repair of overhead and underground energized electric distribution lines. Position will require pole climbing, working with aerial buckets and ladders, installing transformers, terminating cables, installing services, and related work, as required.
This is an on-call position and will require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
- Applicants must possess a high school diploma (or equivalent).
- A minimum of two years of college or trade school, with course work in a related field of study, is preferred.
- Six years of related experience will be considered toward meeting the educational requirement.
- Applicant must have held Journeyman Lineman status for at least two years.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Kentucky Class A Commercial Driver’s License with trailer endorsement.
- Must also be able to regularly lift objects weighing more than 50 pounds.
The City of Berea is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Certified Drug-Free Workplace.