Laundry Aide - Madonna Manor
The Laundry Aide is responsible for providing the facility with hygienically clean and visually pleasing linen as directed by Housekeeping Manager
Department: Support Services
Reports to: Housekeeping Manager
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
1. Operates washers, dryers and extractor.
a. Loads washers correctly.
b. Uses cleaning agents correctly.
c. Uses correct cycle times.
d. Removes lint after each cycle.
e. Cleans all equipment after use.
2. Sorts soiled linen and folds and dries clean linen.
a. Segregates linen appropriately.
b. Uses proper soak time for soiled linens.
c. Performs proper folding.
d. Separates clean linen from soiled linen.
e. Covers clean linen during transported.
3. Correctly uses chemicals for washing, rinsing, and bleaching.
a. Uses correct amount of detergent.
b. Uses bleaching agents appropriately.
c. Does not mix chemicals.
d. Disposes of chemicals as hazardous waste.
e. Stores chemicals appropriately.
4. Adheres to infection control standards of separation of clean and dirty linen.
a. Wears protective clothing and gloves when sorting soiled linen.
b. Washes hands after each task assignment.
c. Changes protective clothing when soiled.
d. Washes and cleans all contaminated surfaces.
5. Satisfies all educational in-service requirements mandated by CHI Living Communities, the department, external accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
a. Attends all mandatory in-service programs.
b. Adheres to facility policies and procedures.
c. Completes yearly online education program by deadline.
d. Attends employee meetings on a regular basis.
In addition to the essential job specific duties listed above, the Laundry Aide shall be required to perform all duties (essential and non-essential) in a manner consistent with the mission and values (compassion, excellence, inclusion, integrity, collaboration) of CHI Living Communities and will be evaluated on such basis. Furthermore, every employee must abide by all campus, departmental, and safety policies, rules, and regulations.
CHI Living Communities has the right to change the job specific duties and specifications required for the position of Laundry Aide from time to time without prior notice.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Laundry, housekeeping, or Health Care experience.
Attendance: Regular attendance is an essential part of this job.
We recognize our employees’ contributions to CHI Living Communities by offering benefit programs to enhance and preserve their work/life balance and help them protect, plan, and prepare for today and tomorrow. Benefits vary for PRN, part and full time employees, you can always check with the Human Resource Director at the Center for information. We truly believe that home is here for our residents and our employees.
Professional and Personal Growth Opportunities
CHI Living Communities supports employees’ professional and personal growth with opportunities on and off campus.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program for full and part time employees
- Online Campus Learning with Relias Learning
- Dedication to identifying and promoting people from within
CHI Living Communities recognizes that employees need time away from work to rejuvenate and have a balanced work/life.
- Employees accumulate paid time off based on hours worked
- New employees can begin to accumulate up to 160 PTO hours off
- PTO increases with additional years of service
- Time and a half is paid for work done on holidays
- Company-paid time off for jury duty
- Company-paid time off for bereavement
Health Protection for You and Your Family
CHI Living Communities offers a comprehensive health benefit package to help you improve and maintain your health and the well-being of your family with special programs for weight loss and exercise. The following benefits are available to employees working 30 hours or more a week.
- Employee medical coverage with the majority paid by CHI Living Communities
- Multiple health insurance plan options so you can select the one that works best for you and your family
- Dental Option Plan with 75% paid by CHI Living Communities - Click here to learn about Superior Dental Care Value Added Benefits
- Vision Option Plan - Learn about a special hearing aid discount program connected with the plan
- 100% Company-Paid Short-Term Disability
- 100% Company-Paid Long-Term Disability
- Learn about our Virtual Physician Visit Program
- Earn money for your HSA just by walking every day - Read more about the Motion® Program here
Plans for You and Your Family’s Future
We value our employees’ futures.
- Full-time employees benefit from company-paid life insurance valued at two times their annual salary
- All employees are eligible for the Fidelity Investments 401K Plan
- Automatic employer contribution for employees who meet the 1,000-hour requirement and are active at the end of the calendar year
- All employees are eligible for the Employee Assistance Program through Mutual of Omaha that provides confidential assistance for employees and their immediate families, if ever in need