PresidentCatholic Diocese of Lexington
The Diocese of Lexington is searching for an outstanding leader to serve as the President of Saints Peter and Paul Regional Catholic School (Infants through 8th grade) in Lexington, Kentucky. The desired individual must be a practicing Catholic, a visionary leader with significant experience in external relations including fund raising, solid financial management and leadership skills, knowledge of curriculum and instruction best practices, and possess an entrepreneurial spirit dedicated to Catholic education.
The President is the overall leader and facilitator of the community of faith and bears ultimate responsibility for the integration of faith and culture within SPPS. This position monitors the expression of Catholic Identity in all facets of school life in consultation with the Principal and Religion Coordinator. The President is the Chief Executive Officer of SPPS and serves as chief spokesperson. As the spokesperson for SPPS, this person leads by example to project a positive image of the school to the public. All actions by the President must reflect the strong Catholic Identity of the school. The President has the general charge and control of all advancement and fund raising programs, personnel, budget, educational programs, business affairs and facilities. The President bears ultimate responsibility for the operation of the school.
An important component of Saints Peter and Paul Regional Catholic School is its location and the relationships with its neighbors. Because of the proximity to the theatre community in both the Opera House and the Lexington Children’s Theater, the students benefit from the shared opportunities with those crafts and they are a component of the curriculum. It is an urban school with two campuses within walking distance of the public library, parks and fine and casual dining. The students engage in the accessibility to all the neighborhood affords in both public and private events. The engagement is led by the President who needs to immerse themselves in all government and private circles in the Lexington community.
The President of Sts. Peter & Paul School (SPPS) is charged with providing leadership necessary to achieve full attainment of the mission of SPPS. This position communicates the mission of SPPS to the School Council, the school administration, alumni, parents, students, faculty, staff and the Lexington community and surrounding areas. Operating in the President/Principal model of leadership, it is expected that the President is concerned with the overall health of the school while it is the Principal’s responsibility to insure academic quality and stewardship of the curriculum. With that in mind, the critical skills of fundraising, development, marketing, financial and facility management, external relations, and grant writing will be considered more favorably than the career pedigree of the individual chosen.
Desired Qualifications and Qualities of the next President:
This is one of the finest Catholic school leadership opportunities available in the Diocese today. As such, the Diocese seeks candidates of the highest integrity, motivation, and demonstrated achievement. In particular, the following qualities and qualifications are expected:
* Advance degree required including: a Master’s degree educational leadership, MBA, Public Administration, Non-Profit Management, etc. Significant Experience in the critical job skills outlined above.
* The school will require a faith-filled, mission-inspired, practicing Catholic as its next president— someone who will embrace and model Catholic and Diocesan values.
* The community will also prefer a visible, relational leader with outstanding communications and institution-building skills who will serve as the face of SPPS to the larger community and walk the corridors with exuberance and passion for the traditions and ambitions of the school.
* The next president will also need to be an entrepreneurial leader who can set a bold vision and achieve widespread support for its urgent implementation.
* There is a feeling that SPPS stands at a crossroads and that business-as-usual would represent a missed opportunity. The next president will therefore need to be a passionate and visionary leader who can inspire enthusiasm for bold new ambitions while remaining faithful to the core values and traditions of the school. This is a classic “raise the bar” leadership opportunity!
* The Diocesan community sees great possibilities in this leadership transition and welcome candidates from diverse professional backgrounds. Passion for mission will be required as will the ability to demonstrate exceptional leadership accomplishments in your particular field. That said, the President/Principal Model ably accommodates chief executives from varied mission critical career platforms such as higher education, other independent and Catholic schools, foundations, associations, charities and the like—who embrace the school’s core values and traditions and can build effective teams, hold people accountable, and delegate responsibilities. Great leadership is what the school seeks at this time.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit electronically in one email and as separate documents (preferably PDFs) the following materials:
* A cover letter expressing your interest in this particular position and aligning your skills and experiences with the leadership requirements set forth in this position profile;
* A current résumé with all appropriate dates;
* A one-page statement of educational or leadership philosophy and practice; and
* A list of five (5) professional references with name, phone number, and email address. References will not be contacted until a serious mutual interest is established and not without the permission of the candidate.
Please forward these materials to: Dr. Steve Angelucci, Chairperson – Search Committee. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.