Maintenance TechnicianBLUEGRASS COMMUNITY AND TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Bluegrass Community and Technical College (BCTC) is accepting applications for a Maintenance Technician (Band 6) - Cooper Campus.
The Maintenance Technician performs maintenance on all utility systems for all BCTC campus sites. Working collaboratively with the Maintenance and Operations Supervisor, this position troubleshoots and performs preventative maintenance on electrical circuits, motor controls, safety circuits, steam plant and HVAC systems utilizing specialized equipment and skills.
- Troubleshoots all utility systems including electrical circuits, motor controls, and HVAC and steam plant (where appropriate).
- Performs skilled maintenance duties in the area of HVAC monitoring/maintenance.
- Performs advanced electrical duties such as installing receptacles, switches, breakers, ballasts, replaces light fixtures, and power equipment repairs.
- Performs advanced plumbing duties such as waterline repairs, valve repairs, and drain line maintenance
- Performs advanced carpentry duties such as dry walling, painting, door repair, installation of partitions, and installation of ceiling and floor tiles.
- Performs minor repairs and maintenance on equipment such as tractors, mowing equipment and vehicles.
- Provides setup and breakdown of furniture for special events.
- Opens and locks buildings as required and on schedule.
- Snow removal during the winter months, spread de-icing on patios and walkways.
- Available 24/7 on an emergency basis when required or as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance and Operations Supervisor and Dean of Operations.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- High school/GED and three years of related experience, or equivalent.
- Position may require special licensing for operation of some equipment (i.e., forklift).
- Must be physically able to lift heavy items, i.e., office furniture, equipment, etc.
- Good interaction/communication skills to deal with employees and students.
- Commitment to the mission of a comprehensive community and technical college and to personalized maintenance and operations services.
- Personal and professional integrity.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Educational Institution